🇺🇸 HOSPITAL DAY 8 (OLD RELATIONSHIP)

Elena's POV

I immediately opened my eyes and got up. My heart was beating like crazy and I couldn't catch my breath.

Jake: Elena - He grabbed my face - What the fuck happened? - His voice started shivering.

Doctor: Elena, are you okay? - He looked at me worried - We haven't been able to settle your heart rate down for several minutes. It can even be called the heart-attack threatening condition.

Elena: I... - I grabbed my forehead.

Jake: Elena, look at me - He turned my face towards his - Take a deep breath, okay? - He said calmly.

I looked deep into his eyes and I finally was able to take a deep breath. When Jake saw that, he took a deep breath too, closed his eyes and hugged me.

Jake: Thank you - He whispered and touched my hair.

Doctor: Thank you, Jake. Her heart rate is finally slowing down.

Elena: I was so... Scared - I hugged him even tighter - I...

Jake: I'm here, Elena - He was still calm.

All the time I was shivering. I was so afraid of letting him go. I felt so safe in his arms... After a few minutes, my heart rate was completely back to normal.

Jake: Elena - He let me go, grabbed my shoulders and looked at me - Did that happen again?

Elena: Yes - I sighed.

Jake immediately looked at the doctor. The doctor noted something into my files and took a deep breath.

Jake: So, we didn't make it on time - He sighed.

Doctor: Unfortunately.

Elena: But... - I looked at the doctor again - Does that mean...

Doctor: Fortunately, this attack had no negative effects this time. As soon as you fell asleep, I gave you an x-ray and nothing bad happened. We don't have to start your the treatment all over again - He smiled at me.

Elena: What a relief - I took a deep breath.

Doctor: You two will be discharged in a three days. Of course, you still have to be really careful, but your hematoma is almost gone. Jake's heart attack has more long-lasting effects, and for some time, during high stress, he may feel pain in his chest, but it's not serious.

Elena: Thank you - I hardly smiled at the doctor.

Doctor: So... - He closed my files and smiled at me - I can see that everything is alright with you now. But, I'm worried about you, Elena - He sighed.

Elena: What? - I narrowed my eyes at him - Why?

Doctor: I know your medical history and I know you've lost your memory. I spoke to Jake and he told me that while you are unconscious these memories keep coming back to you. I think you should consult a therapist.

Elena: You've got to be kidding me right now - I laughed sarcastically.

Doctor: Don't get me wrong, I don't think you're lying or something. However, I believe that such situations can be traumatic for you. Elena... - He looked at me with his worried eyes - You don't remember most of your life. Now, after many years, you suddenly regain some part of your memories. It is not too much to handle?

Elena: No - I said firmly - End of discussion.

Jake: Elena... - He sighed and grabbed my hand.