🏁MARIA&JASMINE'S SALVATION#4 (THE CHOICE)

Anthony's POV

Anthony: What the fuck are you talking about, Maria? - I shouted - It's impossible. You couldn't be Layla. She's only one year younger than me.

Voice: Anthony? Elena? Maria? Please, take a seat before you start talking.

Elena and I immediately approached the chairs and connected to these fucking cables as quick as we could. Maria did the same and after a while, we were sitting right in front of each other.

Voice: Let's do some test. Say your names.

Elena: My name is Elena McClain - She said firmly.

The LED on her chair turned green.

Anthony: My name is Anthony Gomez - I said firmly too.

The LED on my chair turned green too.

Maria: My name is Maria King and... - She sighed and looked right into my eyes - Layla Turner.

The LED on her chair... Turned green too.

Danford: Something's really fucked up here - He sighed behind us.

Voice: Well then... You have 20 minutes, starting now.

Anthony: Maria, it's impossible - I started nodding negatively - I...

Maria: I was interested in art from the very beginning - She started - My parents didn't like my hobby, because they said working as an artist won't give me enough money. All they always cared and care about is that fucking money - She laughed with her furious face - That's why I was... I was hiding myself with my hobby. In front of them and in front of Joe. I was a very active participant on forums related to art. On these Internet forums, I used the name Layla, because I didn't want my parents to know that I'm still involved in art. And I made the right decision. Once, they accidentally took my laptop and they had opened the art forum on it, but I said I'm on some Layla's forum and that's all. Thanks to that they had no idea that it was my own account.

Anthony: I don't believe you, Maria - I was still nodding - It's impossible.

My LED light was still lightning in green, so is Maria's.

Maria: You were 19 and already studying at Stanford at that time. You were looking for information for scientific research for your studies. At that time, you were writing a thesis about the influence of emotions on art. That's why you contacted me, because you saw my forum.

I looked at her chair and it's... It's still green.

Anthony: You lied me? - I became furious - Why? And... How is it possible?

Maria: When I started texting with you... - She smiled and started nodding - I fell madly in love with you, Anthony. Crazy, isn't it? I fell in love with a man I met on a forum whom I had never seen before.

Then, I saw that Elena immediately looked at Danford and slightly smiled.

Maria: Yes, I was lying, because at first we were talking only about art. Then... We started talking about our private life and... I couldn't tell you the truth, Anthony. If I told you that I was 15, you'd cut me off right away. I liked you a lot and... That's why I was pretending in front of you that I'm Layla.

Anthony: But I met you a few months later for God's sake! - I was even more furious - Layla had black hair and green eyes and you're blonde with blue eyes.

Maria: Yes, after a few months you wanted to meet me, that's correct. I wanted to finally meet you too, but... Back then, I was already in love with you, so the more I didn't want to lose you. That's why... I put on my second face. Black hair was my wig, green eyes were my lenses and... I was wearing heavy makeup. Once you asked me why I was wearing so much make up, so I told you it's my expression of artistry.