🇯🇵 JAPAN DAY 4 (THE LIVESTREAM)

Elena's POV

Elena: Jake... - I started nodding negatively - It's... No, it can't be...

Jake: I didn't want to believe it either, Elena - He sighed - But then... - He pulled something out of his pocket - She showed me this - He handed me it and looked away.

I looked at it and it was some kind of photo. The...

Jake: Even when I saw this photo, I still didn't want to believe it - He continued - Then

Jake: Even when I saw this photo, I still didn't want to believe it - He continued - Then... - He sighed - She told me everything in a nutshell. This photo was taken a few weeks before her accident. On the day of her accident... My mother wanted to tell him about the pregnancy, Elena.

Elena: Jake, it's impossible - I started nodding again - You told me your mother didn't want to be in touch with your father.

Jake: Because my mother told me that. Besides, I was all the time with her and I was sure she hates him for God's sake! - He shouted furiously - It turned out that they reconciled a few months before her accident thanks to some girl, who invited them to dance - He said angry and confused - My father was supposed to divorce Hannah's mother and start living with my mother. My mother finally agreed to it, because she was in love with him, so was he. They didn't want to tell me anything about it until my father had brought fucking divorce papers to the court. On the day of her accident... They argued. But they didn't argued, because my father suddenly remembered about me. They argued, because he wanted to tell me everything earlier - He shrugged - He just was looking forward to finally meet me... My mother didn't want to agree to this because she wanted to see the divorce papers first. They argued so much that... She didn't tell him about the pregnancy, Elena.

Elena: What? - I swallowed.

Jake: She was just too furious at him. That's why she got out of that house and got in that fucking car - Tears began to fall from his eyes again - My mother had an accident when she was 28 weeks pregnant. She... - He swallowed - She didn't die right away, Elena - He looked at me - At the hospital, they found out that my mother was pregnant and she had to make a decision whether to save herself or the child. She chose to save her child... She had fucking choice! - He shouted furiously again.

Elena: Jake, it must be a lie - I said firmly - They would tell you. What about your grandparents?

Jake: They don't know either.

Elena: If so, I'm sorry but I won't believe in this whole shit - I spread my hands and I leaned against the seat - She's lying. It's impossible.

Jake: Of course I didn't want to believe in it earlier. But then she told me that... - He sighed - The only person who knew the truth is Nori.

Elena: Who the fuck is Nori?

Jake: My mother's best friend, I know her of course. When my mother made the decision to save the baby, she told the doctors to contact Nori. My mother absolutely forbade doctors giving any information to my father or my grandparents. Nori was the only person authorised to have all the information. Of course she knew about my mother's and father's reconciliation. At the last moment, Nori came to the hospital and had one last conversation with my mother. That's why... - He sighed - Doctors managed to save the child, and by the end of week 40 she was in the incubator. Nori adopted the child and returned to Japan with her. She never told me, my father and my grandparents about this baby because she promised it my mother.