DAY TWO: THE KING'S HOUSE

Elena's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and I realised it's already morning. I was lying with Emery in my arms and under the blanket. What the fuck? I don't remember we were under a blanket when we were reading the diary.

I started patting the bed, but I couldn't find the diary. Then, I looked up and I saw that diary is on the closet next to the door. So, Jake must have been here while we were asleep, I'm sure about it.

I looked at Emery again and it just melted my heart. She's sleeping so peacefully that I don't have a heart to wake her up. That's why I let her go off my embrace and left the bed as quiet and careful as I could and fortunately, I didn't wake her up. I looked at her one last time and left the room.

Nori: Good morning, Elena - She smiled.

Elena: Oh, good morning - I smiled and closed the door to our bedroom - How are you?

Nori: I'm so... - She sighed - Excited and terrified.

Elena: What time are you leaving?

Nori: In an hour. A taxi will pick me up to the airport in an hour.

Elena: I can take you to the airport.

Nori: You really don't have to, you have enough things on your mind right now. Besides, I hate airport's goodbyes - She smirked.

Elena: You need to eat some breakfast - I approached her and embraced her - At the same time I'm incredibly happy, but I will miss you - We moved towards the stairs.

Nori: I will miss you too. For the last 20 I have been raising Emery - She sighed - I... I have nothing without her.

Elena: Now, it's my and Jake's duty to take care of her - I smirked and we started walking down the stairs.

Nori: That's why I'm much calmer. I know you will take care of her properly - She smiled at me and then, she looked at the stairs again - Oh, funny story about these stairs...

Elena: Why? - I narrowed my eyes.

Nori: Yesterday, I was awakened by a noise - We finally walked down the stairs and approached kitchen - I immediately found it quite strange, so I looked out from my room into the corridor. Jake was lying on the ground and he wasn't able to got up! - She laughed and we entered the kitchen - Next to him was Anthony and they were completely wasted!

Elena: What? - I laughed and approached the kitchen island - It's impossible, Jake never gets drunk.

Nori: I'm dead serious! - She approached the kitchen island too and started preparing some coffee - Jake and Anthony fell down the stairs just as they were about to come down from the third floor. When I opened the door, Anthony was already on his feet again.

Elena: You must have been sleeping, Nori - I laughed and started preparing some coffee too - It's impossible. I don't believe you.

Nori: Luka will tell you the same. I swear, Jake and Anthony were completely wasted! All the time they were laughing and holding the wall.

Then, we heard that someone entered the kitchen. We turned back and we saw exhausted Jake who was holding his head.

Jake: Fucking pure vodka - He mumbled angrily and narrowed his eyes because of the sunrise from the window.

When I saw him I gasped. He's devastated! Jake fucking Danford has hungover!

Elena: You've got to be kidding me! - I laughed.