#2 Jennifer Hanson

Elena's POV

When I finally opened my eyes again, I was sitting at some table. I started looking around and I realised it's the same kitchen when I saw my mother and father in my last dream.

Mom: Elena? - She looked at me questioningly - I asked you a question, sweetheart.

I shook my head and looked at her. She was sitting in front of me and eating her breakfast. My father was sitting next to her and smiled at me.

Dad: I think she finally woke up - He smiled - Mom asked you if you did your homework.

Elena: Um... Yes. I think so - I narrowed my eyes.

Mom: Great - She smiled - You are the best student at school. I can't let such talent go to waste because of this Hannah.

Dad: Yes, we recently got a letter from school that you even got a scholarship - He looked at me again - We will put you by this money. Maybe it will be useful to you for your studies.

Mom: She always talks about wanting to become a lawyer - She laughed - You'll be the best lawyer in the world, Elena. I know it.

Dad: We are very proud of you, Elena - He embraced my mom - Despite your friendship with Hannah, you are still studying great. At first, we were afraid that she would make you stop studying.

Mom: But now we can see that you are very responsible.

Then, she got up and got closer to me. She hugged me and kissed my head. I was just... astonished. They never said such words to me. On the contrary, they always said I was stupid and useless. I've never seen them so affectionate towards me.

Elena: What day is today?

Dad: October 20, 2007 - He laughed - Saturday, to be precise.

Mom: I'm still surprised Hannah didn't come for you yet - She laughed - It's already 9 am. It's not her style that she's not here yet.

Then, we heard knocking. My mom and dad looked at each other and burst out laughing.

Dad: Speak of the devil - He got up and went to open the door.

Hannah: Good morning Mr. McClain. Is Elena up yet? - She smiled.

Dad: Yes, she's already up - He laughed - We were just wondering why you aren't here yet.

Hannah: Mom stopped me to eat breakfast - She entered the house and my father burst out laughing.

Dad: I can see that you already feel at home here - He was following her with his eyes.

Hannah: Duh! - She laughed - Today we are going to have fun here.

Mom: You are just impossible, Hannah - She laughed.

Hannah: Haven't you thought I'd forget about our weekly games, Mrs. McClain? - She looked at her with her smile.

Dad: Your parents will hate us - He entered the kitchen again.

Hannah: They don't have time for me anyway. They are too busy with my little sister. That is why you will be babysitting me today - She sat next to me.

Mom: We'll be back from work at 5 pm - She kissed my head again - Have fun.

Dad: Jennifer should be here in a few minutes - He smiled.