🇺🇸 HOSPITAL DAY 9 (JAKE'S ASSUMPTION)

Elena's POV

Elena: Are you nervous? - I looked at him and grabbed his hand.

Jake: No, of course not. On the contrary, I can't wait to finally see him - He smiled.

Doctor: So, I have a good news - He smiled at us and closed our files - Your hematoma is almost gone, Elena. You'll need to take medication for the next few days, but it's just in case. All your wounds heal very well. I am especially happy with the healing of your leg wound. You know it was terrible...

Elena: Yes, I know - I sighed.

Doctor: You're okay too, Jake. Like I said yesterday, when you get too angry you will feel a pain in your chest, but it's not anything serious. So, it doesn't make sense to keep you here any longer. I can discharge you tomorrow morning - He smiled broadly.

Elena: What? - My heart started beating like crazy - I thought we'll be discharged in a two days.

Doctor: It doesn't make any sense Elena, you two are completely fine. I trust you, if you take care of yourself, everything will be fine with you.

Elena: Jake, that means... - I looked at him and I felt tears in my eyes.

Jake: Yes, Elena - He had tears in his eyes too - We'll meet him again right at the airport in Australia.

I couldn't contain my excitement, I grabbed his face and kissed him. Jake kissed me back and tears started to fall from my eyes.

Doctor: I have to admit that I'll miss you - He laughed - I liked you so much!

Elena: You're the best doctor I have ever met - I stopped kissing Jake and looked at the doctor - Thank you. For everything.

Doctor: No need to thank me, Elena - He smiled at me again - See you later - And he left the room.

Elena: Don't even dare to tell him, Jake! - I raised my finger.

Jake: Of course not - He smiled - Let this be our little surprise for him.

Elena: But... - Smiled faded from my face - You're aware that you'll meet Anthony, right?

Jake: And? - He shrugged.

Elena: Jake... - I sighed - Now, you have to promise me something.

Jake: Hm?

Elena: You know I'll never make you make up with Anthony, but... You know how much I hate arguing. I...

Jake: Don't worry, Elena - He slightly smiled at me - I'm not even going to waste my energy on him. You know how hard it is to throw me off my balance. I don't know what he would have to do to get me to argue with him.

Elena: Promise?

Jake: I promise - He touched my cheek and kissed me - Elena... - Smile faded from his face - I... I need to tell you something.

Elena: What happened? - I narrowed my eyes at him.

Jake: It's about... - He sighed - When you open my files from Gomez, you will see something... - He lowered his head - I just need to tell you personally. I don't want you to find out about this from anyone other than me - He grabbed my hands and looked at me again - Elena, I...

Then, we heard knocking on the door. Jake just sighed and closed his eyes.

Jake: Come in - He said angrily.