🇺🇸USA#6 (BOSTON#1 - ELENA'S POV)

Elena's POV

I heard the alarm clock on the phone. I barely opened my eyes and reached for my phone. I quickly turned off the alarm so as not to wake Jake up. I turned to him to check it, but he didn't even moved. He was so tired that nothing seems to wake him up. I kissed him and got up.

Gosh, I feel terrible! I remembered how much I hated getting up to morning classes when I was a student. For a moment, I even wanted to cancel it and go back to bed, but I finally found some straight to go to the bathroom.

As always I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth. Today I tried a little better with my makeup. I even made myself light curls. Today I put on a bit more elegant clothes, but still in my style. Today I wore a black skirt, a white shirt, and a bigger sweater for it, additionally I put on high-heeled, black boots.

I left the bathroom and looked at Jake, but he was still asleep. I was so relieved when I saw this. I really didn't want him to wake up this early. Luka and Jasmine gave him a hard time yesterday. He deserves to rest.

Jake gave me an access to his e-mail long time ago, so I could opened Walter's meals plan. I started looking around the kitchen and fortunately, there were some basic things in the fridge. Everything I needed was there. I made myself a quick breakfast. Today, I was going to eat avocado paste with white cheese, tomatoes and bread. It was delicious! Plus, I felt very full. Luckily we also had fresh squeezed fruit juice in the room so I drank a glass of it too. Meanwhile, I took all my supplements and vitamins which Jake bought for me few days ago.

I started packing all my important stuff to my bag. Also, I took some books and notes. I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked like a real lecturer. I laughed. I took my phone and sent a quick message to Jake. I know that he will reach for the phone immediately when he gets up. I sent him the message, looked at him one more time, smiled and closed the door.

I decided to take the car we came from the airport with, because the other was still not in the parking lot. I unlocked the door and entered the car.

I have to admit that I am a bit stressed. I don't know if I can handle it. I have not dealt with criminal law for many years. What if I make a stupid mistake during my lecture? What if I forgot about something important and obvious? I was about to start the car, but I heard my phone. It was a video call. When I looked at it, I immediately started smiling.

Elena: Hello, Anthony. Nice to see you.

Anthony: Hello, Elena - He smiled - You look beautiful today. I didn't know you were a morning person.

Elena: Thank you - I smiled - But no, today is an exceptional situation.

Anthony: May I ask you about your plans?

Elena: Adam... I mean, Rector of the Harvard asked me to give some criminal law lectures for freshmen.

Anthony: What? - He was astonished - Rector of Harvard? Lectures of law? How so?

Elena: I studied law in Harvard. I graduated with honours and I know all lecturers here...

Anthony: O my goodness, Elena... - He started nodding - I am shocked right now. You are very well educated! I am so proud of you!

When I heard that, my heart immediately filled with happiness. When I finished my studies, my parents were no longer with me. Besides, they probably wouldn't congratulate me anyway. I realised that I had never really heard such words from anyone. I mean, except Jake of course. No one ever told me they were proud of me. And this feeling is... just amazing.