🇺🇸USA #3 (NYC#3 - Birthday's morning)

Jake's POV

I opened my eyes and saw her beautiful face in front of me. She was sleeping so peacefully... I couldn't take my eyes off her. Can you believe that I still think it's just some kind of dream? I am so afraid that one day I will wake up and she won't be longer here with me. That thought always makes me sad. But then, Elena started smiling while sleeping. How does she always do it? She always knows when and how to calm me down. Even when she sleeps. I always get emotional when I see it. My heart filled with happiness again and I started smiling again.

I reached for the phone that was lying on the desk next to the bed. It's 8 am. Well... It's much later than I got up a few months ago, but it's still quite early. I know Elena is not an early bird, moreover, she was so exhausted yesterday. My heart breaks to see her like this. I hate when she suffers, because of this case. Elena was always slim, but because of this Maria's case, she lost even more weight. It's making me furious. That's why I make sure that she eats something every day. If it weren't for me, she wouldn't even be thinking about eating. She would be too busy with her work.

This whole trip is pretty exciting, but I really want to come back home with her now. Yes, the home. I want her to live with me when we come back to Los Angeles. I already have an eye on a few houses, but I want to make a decision with her. I am looking forward to finally ask her about that. Besides, I want to ask not only about the choice of the house... But there will be time for everything.

I tried to get up slowly so as not to wake her up. Fortunately, I did it. I entered the bathroom, took a quick shower, changed and brushed my teeth. Every time I brush my teeth I am bored, so I look at her cosmetics. I'm not even surprised why she looks 19 and not 25. She has a lot of creams and any other weird stuff for the face. Some names of her cosmetics are so complicated that I can't even read them. I laughed.

Today, I decided to make her a surprise. Today, is her birthday, finally. I left the bathroom and looked at her. She was still sleeping. Gosh, she really was exhausted. I kissed her head and left our room. Firstly, I gained access to the hotel camera system. I realised that we haven't done it so far. After that, I asked the receptionist about Maria or Joe, but she couldn't help me. At least, it was worth a try. That hotel is small, so there in no bar or restaurant like in Spain. I met some other stuff, but they didn't know the Kings neither.

NYC is boring as hell. I really don't like this city. The only positive thing here is that we are in one place and Elena can get some sleep. This is all that matters to me. As long as she is resting, I am calmed down. I took a deep breath and left the hotel.

I started walking the streets of NYC. A lot of people recognised me and I talked with them. I have to admit, that a few months ago I didn't even talk to my best friends and now? Now I meet new, wonderful people every day. Elena taught me that. I realised how many new things she taught me. She gave me a new life. I will be grateful to her for the rest of my life.

Jake: Which florist is the best one here, Tony? - I asked a young boy who came to me a moment earlier and had taken a picture with me.

Tony: After the bend, the first building on the right - He pointed - This is the best florist in NYC. Believe me, she works wonders - He laughed - What's an occasion?

Jake: Elena's birthday - I smiled at him.

Tony: It's today? - He was surprised - How time flies! So, I am sure that she will be pleased with the bouquets made by this florist.

Jake: I hope so. I hold you by the word, I am counting on you - I laughed to him - Have a wonderful day, Tony.

Tony: I wish you a lot of luck and love with Elena. You are really lucky, Jake. Such love is rare.