🇺🇸USA #1 (NYC#1 - Star Tavern)

Elena's POV

Jake: Elena? - He touched my shoulder - We will be landing soon.

Elena: Mmm... - I mumbled angrily and turned over. I hid my face in my pillow.

Jake: I am waiting for the day when you can finally get enough sleep too - He touched my head.

Elena: Mmmn? - I mumbled again.

Jake: Yes - He laughed - I brought you some breakfast and coffee.

Elena: Mmm!

Jake: I love you too, Elena - He laughed again.

After a few minutes I finally looked up. I saw Jake. He was sitting on the armchair in front of the couch. I could barely see in my eyes. I looked like completely mess.

Jake: You look beautiful - He smiled at me.

Elena: Seriously? - I looked at him with my narrowed eyes - You start messing with me in the morning? For once, you'd be nice!

Jake: What? - He laughed - I am not messing with you, I am telling the truth. You look perfect to me.

Elena: Yea, yea, of course.

Jake was still laughing meanwhile I tried to change positions to sitting. I was so exhausted. I must have slept badly, because my neck hurts so badly.

Jake: Something hurts you? - He asked as if he was reading my mind.

He started gazing at me and thinking about something.

Elena: Um... Yes. How did you... - I looked at him surprised.

Jake: Grab your neck and turn it up and then left.

I hesitated for a moment, but then I did as he said. Then, I felt my bone shift. I sighed. I was so relieved.

Jake: Better? - He laughed.

Elena: Yes, much better. But, how did you know? - I asked uncertainly.

Jake: I just know you. Besides, I told you I am the best doctor without a diploma - He laughed - Moreover, I was practicing my physiotherapist's skills in Gilbert's basement. My nose wasn't the only bone that I had to set there.

Elena: I am sorry to hear that.

Jake: Why? - He was confused - No, don't be. It will always come in handy - He winked at me.

Elena: I see someone is in a good mood - I smiled at him.

Jake: I am always in a good mood since you are next to me, Elena.

I have been with him for a while, but I still blushing when he tells me such things. It's so... Cute.

Elena: Thank you for the breakfast and coffee. You always take care of me in the morning... It's...

Jake: Please, don't thank me. I'm the morning bird here. If making you coffee in the morning makes you smile I will do it every day for the rest of my life.

I got up and got closer to him. He made a place for me next to him, so I could sit down. He smiled and hugged me.

Jake: Good morning again, sleepyhead - He kissed my head and started playing with my hair.

Elena: You are so lovely, you know? - I laid my head on his chest. I could hear his heartbeat. The sound of his heartbeat always calms me down.

Jake: Every day I am grateful for a miracle that happened to me and the miracles should be taken care of.