🇯🇵 JAPAN DAY 3 (THE ACCEPTANCE)

Jake's POV

Jake: Are you sure Elena? - I sighed.

Elena: Yes - She said firmly - I'm not going to talk to him until our personal meeting.

Jake: Fine, I'll call him back - I sighed and took about my phone from my pocket.

Yes, for several days now, Joe has been trying to call Elena, but she is not answering the phone. Honestly? I'm not even surprised. According to my suspicions, if Joe is her father and said such horrible things about her... But... Does this mean Elena knows? I really don't have courage to ask her about it. Why? I don't know. I don't think I want to believe it myself. Besides, I don't want to give her deceptive hope. If that turned out to be my mistake, she would be upset  and hurt again.

I got up from the table we were working at and went out to the balcony to make a call. I took a deep breath and dialled his number.

Joe: Jake? - He sounded surprised - Where's Elena?

Just hearing his voice made me want to throw up. Really.

Jake: Elena is unavailable for some time.

Joe: Why? Something happened?

My anger only grew. He's so suddenly interested and caring about Elena? I just smirked sarcastically to myself and started nodding.

Jake: She's fine - I said firmly - Elena is leading this case again. That's why she has a lot of work to do right now.

Joe: I see.. - He sighed - I just wanted to make sure if she's safe.

Jake: Elena? Safe? Now? - I smirked and started nodding again - She's being chased by your wife's kidnapper and Williams. Believe me, "Safe" is the last word you can say about Elena.

Joe: What are you talking about?

Jake: That's why I'm calling you. Elena asked me to contact you. In a few days, your house arrest ends and we return to LA. She wants you to come to the DIC headquarters. 

Joe: Why? - He swallowed.

Jake: Elena has decided that you'll be confronted with all the evidences and clues and that you'll be involved in the Maria's case.

Joe: In other words, I'll be dead - He sighed.

As much I don't want it, I have to admit, that made me laugh. Sometimes even he can be funny.

Jake: Exactly.

Joe: When does she want to see me?

Jake: We're leaving Japan in three days. Elena has to investigate your home and her home in Duskwood...

Joe: Duskwood? - He swallowed again.

Jake: Something's wrong about that? - I smirked.

Joe: No, of course not... - He sighed.

Jake: Due to all these circumstances this meeting will be sometime next week. I wanted to let you know in advance so I expect you won't go anywhere. I know Elena and be prepared for this meeting can be spontaneous too. There is a possibility that I will suddenly call you one day and tell you to come to the DIC headquarters.

Joe: Of course I'm not going anywhere. I'll be waiting for your call.

Jake: Good. So, I think it's all for now.