🏁MARIA&JASMINE'S SALVATION#6 (THE END OF MARIA'S CASE)

Elena's POV

Elena: So, this is it, Liam - I spread my hands and laughed - Got up and show me your fucking face. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of it that all the time you're trying to make a fool of me. I know you attacked me at Harvard, because you just wanted to scare and traumatise me. I know you sabotaged your death so the whole world would stop looking for you. Moreover, "you killed yourself" at the same time when Joe has been killed so no one would believe me it was you. I know you lied to your boss and instead of being sick you spent last two years on following Maria and Joe around the world. I know you're using the same equipment as Jake and you were texting with me in the same way like Jake in purpose, because you want to set him up into kidnapping me, so the whole world would hate him. I know everything, Liam - I became even more firm - I never make mistakes, Liam. Show me your fucking face and say it to me.

All the time he was laughing and it made me even more sick and annoyed. Then, he finally got up, but I didn't even flinch. All the time I was waiting with my arms crossed on my chest. Finally, he pulled off his hood and turned to me. When I saw him... I widened my eyes, turned pale and took a few steps back...

Elena: C

Elena: C... - I pointed at him and started stuttering - Carter Walter? It's... - I narrowed my eyes and started nodding negatively - What? It's impossible!

Then, I immediately remembered about our last meeting at Harvard...

__________________________________
The memory of the meeting with Carter in Harvard
(2 months ago)

Carter: Bon Appetite - I heard from the door. I looked that way and gasped.

Elena: Carter?! - I immediately got up and got closer to him - Hello!

Carter: Hello, Elena - He hugged me - I missed you
so much. Do you realise how beautiful you are? I
think I'll fall in love with you even more.

Elena: You know I'm taken - I laughed.

Carter: I'm not even going to hear it - He laughed
and let me go. He grabbed my hands and looked deep into my eyes.

Elena: How are you? Are you still teaching criminology?

Carter: Yes - He laughed - Your favorite subject. But you're gonna beat me at work I think. All the students are talking about you in the corridor. They said they had never had such interesting criminology classes before. I should be offended!

Elena: You know I can be persuasive - I winked at
him.

Carter: I know - He laughed - I'm so happy to see
you here again, Elena - He kissed my check and I
started blushing - Now, I have to go. See you at the
lecturers' party.

Elena: See you later - I smiled and I let his hands
go...

___________________________________