MAYUMI

Elena's POV (A few hours later in the USA, Elena's office in the DIC headquarters, LA)

For the past few hours, I've been investigating all of Maria's available social media platforms. Since I have a meeting with her husband tomorrow, I decided to search the internet and find any information that could be useful during our conversation. Analyzing hundreds of her photos, I noticed that Maria is not only a beautiful and quite fit woman, but also looks very similar to me. I'm not just talking about the same hair color, eyes, similar figure, or facial features, but...

Looking at her pictures, I felt like I was looking in the mirror...

Another interesting fact, Maria runs a blog. While going through it, I discovered that she is some kind of art critic, writing reviews about paintings and photographs but avoiding reviewing books or movies. I read a few of her reviews, and I must say she is a truly intelligent woman with exceptional writing talent. Her expressions, comments, and descriptions...

Everything seemed to be perfect...

Elena: We could get along, Mrs. King - I lightly massaged my chin while staring at the monitor the whole time - But what is hidden behind this perfection?

I also decided to investigate her Instagram account. I noticed many pictures of her together with her husband and numerous travel photos. It seems that Maria enjoys traveling because I saw pictures from Spain, New York, Australia, Africa... It immediately  caught my attention. I immediately asked myself; how she managed to balance her work in the FBI with such travels? So I made a note of it and wanted to continue my investigation, but I was interrupted by the sound of a notification...

On the Lock Screen, I saw that the notification was regarding a post from Hannah's Instagram, who hadn't posted anything for a while. Well... Technically, I'm at work, and I shouldn't get disturbed by such things, but I thought a short break would do me good, especially since I'm actually after working hours. So, I comfortably sat on the chair, took a deep breath, and opened Instagram...

Elena: No way! - I was speechless and burst into laughter with joy - And he didn't tell me about his plans?

Of course, I immediately left Instagram and opened my contacts to call her. This is fantastic news! Maybe we're not the best of friends, and I consider her a bit weird, but I know how happy she is with Thomas. Just because we have different personalities doesn't mean I can't be excited about her happiness, which she just shared with the world...

Elena: Well, well, Mrs. Miller... - I laughed when I heard she picked up the phone - It seems to me that Thomas did his best to make up for those recent events. Congratulations!

Hannah: Thank you, Elena! - Her shocked but happy voice resonated through the phone - I absolutely didn't expect this! Thomas had to wait a few minutes for me to stop trembling with excitement so we could take a photo.