THE STORY OF JAKE&JACOB

Elena's POV (The next day in the USA, Elena's apartment in the DIC, LA)

Once again, the jarring sound of my alarm clock abruptly disrupted my slumber, casting a pall over what is usually a tranquil morning routine. Although my surroundings, including my cozy bed and well-kept apartment, remain unchanged, I find myself grappling with an uncharacteristic sense of weariness and exhaustion. This fatigue, I suspect, can be attributed to a confluence of factors. Firstly, the protracted hours I invested in work the previous day, laboring well into the evening, have undoubtedly taken their toll on my energy reserves...

Additionally, a persistent undercurrent of stress has been coursing through me throughout the day, further contributing to my depleted state. Furthermore, the anticipation of today's impending meeting with Anthony loomed ominously in my thoughts, refusing to abate until I surrendered to sleep. It is evident that these cumulative stressors have conspired to hinder my ability to achieve a restful night's sleep...

I extended my arm towards the nightstand to retrieve my phone, disengaging it from its charger. Glancing at the screen, it dawned on me that the clock had already crept perilously close to 8 am. Frustration welled up within me, prompting an exasperated sigh and a reflexive eye-rubbing. There was no escaping the reality that I needed to get ready for the day ahead...

However, as I reclined on my bed, fingers splayed across its surface, my gaze wandered upward to the ceiling. In that instant, a cascade of memories from the previous evening enveloped me, eliciting a smile that could rival that of a love-struck teenager. Yesterday had brought me tantalizingly close to sharing a kiss with Jake, a desire that had stirred within me. I yearned to explore, to experience his presence in that intimate manner. It might sound irrational, especially considering my fleeting stay in this place, but there was an undeniable magnetic pull, an irresistible allure to this man that I found impossible to resist...

Raising my gaze up, I let out a soft sigh, accompanied by a smile that threatened to transport me back into the cherished realm of yesterday's memories. However, my reverie was abruptly shattered by the unmistakable vibration of my phone resting on my chest, heralding the arrival of a new notification...

My eyes darted to the screen, and upon seeing the sender's name, an irrepressible grin danced across my face. I nibbled my lower lip in excitement and swiftly tapped to open the chat with him...

Observing his disappearance from the chat, my eyes narrowed slightly, and I lingered for a few moments, hopeful for a feedback

Observing his disappearance from the chat, my eyes narrowed slightly, and I lingered for a few moments, hopeful for a feedback. Yet, the digital silence persisted, and he remained conspicuously absent from the online realm...

With a resigned shrug, I acknowledged that I had grown accustomed to his enigmatic tendencies, his penchant for disappearing without explanation. Locking my phone once more, I shifted my focus to the task at hand, making my way to the bathroom to begin the preparations for the day ahead...

I followed my customary morning routine, swiftly stepping into the shower, changing into fresh attire, and carefully drying my hair. A touch of natural makeup completed my preparations for the day ahead. Satisfied that everything was in order, I drew in a deep breath and nodded at my reflection in the mirror...