🇺🇸USA #3 (NYC#3 - LOCAL NYC)

Elena's POV

Jake: I think we should talk, Elena - He told me when he got into the car.

Elena: No, I don't think so - I didn't even look at him.

Jake: Elena, I won't start the car until you talk to me. I am worried about you. You are not a freak, why did you even think about it? You've just had something bad happened in your life and you have lost your memory. It doesn't mean you're sick.

Elena: That Elena is not me, Jake. An old Elena died at the age of 16. I accepted it and started a new life. Without the past and without people from there. I don't care about the past. I don't care about the old me.

Jake: So, if you lost your memory now and you forgot about me, would you accept it too? Would you start a new life without me? - He looked at me.

I turned pale and looked at him. I realised what I just said. I saw a horrible pain in his eyes. I started nodding.

Elena: No... No, No... Jake - I handed his hand - I am sorry, I didn't...

Jake: Never mind - He took his and and started the car - We have a lot of work to do.

Crap. I can see how much it hurt him. I feel terrible right now. But... What if he's right? What if, due to some stress again, I lose my memory and forget about him? No... He would never let me go, Wouldn't he?

We didn't talk with each other during driving. Jake wasn't angry, he was... suffering. I couldn't look at his pain, so I took my phone and started responding to the birthday's messages and calls. I really didn't feel like it, but still it was better than looking at him right now. Great, Elena. Amazing Birthday.

It took forever, but we finally made it. Jake stopped the car and left the car immediately. He didn't even look at me. I took a deep breath and I watched him go to the building. "Elena, do something for God's sake" - I thought.

I opened the door and left the car. I was standing in front of the car and I saw Jake almost entered the building. Then, I finally shouted to him.

Elena: I do want to meet your family in Japan.

Jake froze. He was handling a door handle and didn't move.

Elena: Yes, Jake. You heard it right, I made my decision. To be honest, I made it a few days ago, but I wanted to tell you about it later - He slowly turned to face me - I am so, so sorry, Jake. You should have never heard these words from my mouth. Never. You are right. We have no idea what happened to me a few years ago and why I lost my memory. For this reason, I have to prepare for it to happen again - I started approaching to him - I don't know, maybe I had a trauma, accident, therapy or maybe I was stressed too much and overworking too. I don't know. I just... I don't know if I want to remember my childhood. I am too scared, Jake. I don't know if I can handle it. What if I was a bad person? What if I was completely different? This thought is... killing me - I finally was close to him again. He was looking at me all the time - But nothing hurts me more than seeing you suffer. I just can't handle it. As long as I am aware of the current reality I want to make sure that you will never let me go. If I lose my memory again, don't let me go - I grabbed his hands - You are my future, Jake. I won't have to remember it, I just need to feel it. Never give up on me, no matter what. Could you promise me that?

He was still standing in front of me. I took a closer look at him and saw tears in his eyes. But... He said nothing. That's why I sighed and let his hands go. I passed him by and was about to enter the building, when I heard his voice.

Jake: Is that what you really want, Elena? - I turned to him. We was still turned away from me - Would you really be able to choose me anyway?

Elena: What kind of question is that? - I was a bit annoyed - Are you really still unsure of my feelings? What else do I have to do to make you believe me that I love you? I would do everything for you and you know that. I almost sacrificed my life for you for God's sake. Can you finally assure me that you believe me?