THE WORLD'S SURRENDER

Luka's POV (Luka's home, LA)

Since yesterday, I have to be next to Jake all the time, because he already wanted to kill himself twice. Once, he wanted to throw himself under the car when he found out about Elena's death and later he tried to shoot himself at home. I saved him in the last moment. Doctors had to inject him sedatives and put him to sleep. If they hadn't, he would have tried to kill himself again. Now, he sleeps in his room and the psychiatrist is sitting there with him all the time.

Anthony...
When he found out about Elena's death he had a heart attack and now, he's in the hospital. Until now, he's unconscious.

Emery...
There is also another psychiatrist in Emery's room all the time who is still talking to her. Nobody was able to calm her down, so they also had to inject her with sedatives. She's... I don't even have words and heart to say how bad her condition is...

The DIC and the FBI...
Both companies are closed until further notice. Several close employees and friends of Elena tried to commit suicide and jump out of the windows, but were rescued in the last moment.

Our friends from Duskwood...
Do I really need to describe it? Phil tried to kill himself, Jessy was hospitalised again, and Dan got nearly drunk to death.

The whole world?
There's fucking mourning all over the world. In each country, a national mourning was declared and black flags were hung. Media... The media is silent. Nobody publishes any posts, photos, nothing... After George's official speech, even the media are too shocked to comment Elena's death.

And me?
All the time I'm sitting in my fucking kitchen, I rest my forehead on my hand and I look at Elena's fucking files with the glass of whiskey...

And me? All the time I'm sitting in my fucking kitchen, I rest my forehead on my hand and I look at Elena's fucking files with the glass of whiskey

Why am I so calm? For her. Of course I've been crying for the whole night, but I'm trying so fucking hard to be strong for her... I know she would expect me to be strong. No matter how much I want it, I can't kill myself, because I have to be here for Jake and Emery.

I still can't believe it. I still can't believe she's dead. It... It can't be true. Is that what the kidnapper wanted all the time? But if so... Why didn't he kill her in the ninth room for God's sake? Something is so... It doesn't make any sense!

Luka: Fuck! - I shouted furiously and I threw the files off the table.

All the pages fell to the floor. I hid my face in my hands I started crying again. How could we have allowed this to happen? How could we have made such a deadly mistake? How could we let this happen for God's sake?!

At the same time, I'm furious, desperate and drunk. All night I've been wondering how the fuck we could have let this happen. Elena is dead because of us and our mistake. We were so... So incredibly stupid.

As soon as this information was released to the media, my phone is ringing all the time. I don't answer because, firstly, I don't have the strength and desire to talk to anyone, and secondly, talking to one of Elena's friends would only hurt me even more. But this sound... This sound of this fucking vibrating is driving me crazy.