🇺🇸HOSPITAL DAY 2 (THE AWAKENING)

Jake's POV

I opened my eyes again and I immediately looked at Elena, but she was still sleeping on her hospital bed. Now, I'm getting really worried about her. She had never been unconscious for so long time. The longer she's unconscious, the harder it'll be for her to return to the state she was in before the accident. Fortunately, she was sleeping calmly. Last time she was very anxious when she was unconscious. As if she was having a bad dream...

Nurse: Good morning, Mr. Danford - She smiled at me - How do you feel?

Jake: Still like shit, but a little better than yesterday - I looked at the nurse.

Nurse: I can give you some more painkillers so you will be able to go to the bathroom - She was changing my IV.

Jake: Yes, please - I groaned - My body's disobedience already pisses me off! - The nurse laughed.

Nurse: The drip medication should start working in a few minutes - She injected a needle into my hand, I hissed - Then you can go to the bathroom. But you have to be really careful, Mr. Danford. Any sudden movement can tear your seams.

Jake: I will be as docile as a child. Pinky swear - I winked at her.

Nurse: I see that today you are in a good mood - She laughed.

Jake: As long as she's next to me I can't be in a bad mood.

Nurse: Such love is rare - She smiled at me - I've been working here for many years, but I've never seen anything like it. When other couples are hospitalised at the same time, they want to be in separate rooms to take a break from themselves - She laughed.

Jake: Yesterday you saw what happens to me when she's not next to me - I laughed.

Nurse: Yes - She looked at Elena and sighed - I hope she wakes up as soon as possible.

Jake: Yes - I sighed - Me too.

Bodyguard: Mr. Danford? - He entered our room - A policeman to you.

Jake: Yes, let him in - I took a deep breath.

Nurse smiled at me and then, she started taking care of Elena. She changed her drip, took her heart rate, changed the cannula and bandages...

Policeman: Good morning, Mr. Danford - He entered the room and smiled.

Jake: Good morning is too much to say - I laughed and hissed in pain - Forgive me for not offering you my hand, but for now my body is refusing to obey me.

Policeman: How are you? - He looked worried.

Jake: Pretty shitty, but at least she's fine - I nodded at her - As long as she's fine I can bear the pain.

Policeman: Is she still unconscious? - He looked at Elena.

Jake: Yes - I sighed - She hasn't woken up since yesterday.

Policeman: I hope she'll wake up soon - He looked at me again and sighed - So, as you already know, Liam Williams is gone...

Jake: Yes, I know - I hissed with my anger.

Policeman: The FBI is already looking for him, but you are safe. All these security guards came from Washington...

Jake: Washington? - I looked at him questioningly.

Policeman: Yes. Mr. George Webster himself contacted Luka McKing and he sent 10 bodyguards for you. They are best of the best. Mr. Webster is so worried about you. He asked to contact him as soon as possible.