🇺🇸USA#5 (WASHINGTON#2 - WHITE HOUSE)

Start from the beginning

Jake: Believe me, it would be your biggest mistake - He laughed.

Elena: Nah, I'd rather get on your nerves instead of his - I smiled at Jake - It's much funnier.

All the time we were walking down the corridor. George was leading us to some room. We saw a huge door in front of us and two bodyguards in front of it. The bodyguards were wearing earpieces and glasses. Then, one of them turned pale and he took off his glasses. I was confused for a moment, but then I realised he wasn't looking at me. I turned back and Jake was standing like a statue. He was looking at the bodyguard with his widen eyes and his face was white as sheet.

Bodyguard: Jake? - He asked calmly and looked at him questioningly.

Jake: No fucking way - He gasped - What the hell are you doing here? - He laughed.

Bodyguard: Now I'm serving the law. The real one - I saw tears in his eyes - Thank you, Jake. You saved my life - He got closer to Jake and hugged him.

Jake: No problem - He hugged him back - How about your daughter? Is she safe?

Bodyguard: Yes. Thanks to you she's safe, so am I - He let him go and grabbed his shoulder - I'll be grateful for that for the rest of my life, Jake.

I was still confused and looked at George. I think he knew something about them, because he was just smiling and nodding. Then, Jake held out his hand to me.

Jake: Could you come over, please? - He smiled at me. I grabbed his hand and got closer to them - It is such a great pleasure to introduce Elena to you.

Bodyguard: What? - He looked at me and turned pale. He even took a step back - That... Is she... - He pointed at me and looked at Jake again.

Jake: Yes - He laughed - My lady.

Elena: Your lady? - I looked at him questioningly. He never called me like that. It's not his style.

Dalton: That's how I was calling you when we were talking about you in the Gilbert's basement - He laughed - My name is Dalton. I was the one who had to keep an eye on him all this time.

I turned pale again and took a step back. What? Why isn't he in jail? I know there hasn't been a court trial yet, but still. He shouldn't free for God's sake. And why is Jake talking to him? Why isn't he furious? Why do they talk like good friends? Jake definitely must have been in that basement for too long. He has lost his mind.

Elena: Jake... - I looked at him terrified - Why is he...

Jake: He was helping me there, Elena - He sighed - At first, he was beating me of course. But then, he started giving me painkillers after my interrogations and food. Moreover, he helped me with Emma too - He started shivering with disgust. He always does that when her name is mentioned. But... Dalton shivered too - He promised to help me if she wanted to rape me. When Emma came in the basement, he left, but he was always at the door. If only Emma tried to touch me, he was about to intervene. He was giving me information from upstairs. Thanks to him, I was kept informed about the stage of looking for you they were. It was calming me down because I knew they couldn't find you. That's why I had hope. And then, thanks to him, I found out that Luka finally took you from your home to the DIC headquarter. That's why I was strong to the end, because I knew you would find me soon. Both of you.

Dalton: No way! - He laughed - So, she didn't run away with her lover?

Jake: No - He laughed - She followed all me steps and this one was also part of my plan.

I was still distrustful and distanced from them. Jake saw that and continued.

Jake: He isn't a bad man - He looked at me - He just had to follow the orders. They would kill...