ATTACK [PART 96]

||3RD POV||

Meanwhile, during the conference, a reporter spoke into the mic, "You spoke about the students' safety, Eraser Head. During the incident, it appears that you urged them to fight. What was your intention behind this?" Aizawa leaned closer to the mic as he answered the reporter's question, "I concluded that because we were unable to fully grasp the situation, it had to be done in order to avoid the worst possible outcome." The reporter raised a brow and asked into the mic, "What do you mean 'worst possible outcome'? You don't call 26 victims and one/two abducted the worst possible outcome?" 

Aizawa looked up as he answered, "The 'worst outcome' I assumed in that situation was that the students would be at their wits' and be killed." Nezu stepped in as he stated, "The gas attack accounts for most of the victims. We have determined that is was a sleeping gas from one of the enemies' Quirks. Thanks to the quick response of Ms. Kendo and Mr. Tetsutestu, there were no serious injuries from that attack." The reporter was getting a bit pissed off but hid it well as Nezu continued, "In addition, we are providing mental care for the students, but at the moment, we do not see any signs of serious psychological trauma."

The reporter than accused, "Are you saying that it was a bright spot in this tragedy?" Nezu answered into the microphone, "We believe that the worst outcome is one would have infringed on the future." The reporter then asked, "Can you say the same thing for the kidnapped Bakugo and Reaper?" Aizawa's eyes twitched when he heard the question as the reporter continued, "He enrolled at U.A. with excellent marks and won the sports festival. In addition, during the incident with the sludge villain in middle school, he resisted the powerful villain alone, so he has a history of showing how tough and heroic he can be."

The reporter then mentioned, "Also, Reaper has been the role model every person in the country but her identity was leaked during the sports festival. It also seems that she was fired from her hero company; 'Company Alpha' because of the incident. She was also known to be one of the generals for strategies for wars in Japan and she is still in the council until this very day." Aizawa clenches his hand as he heard how the reporter was spilling everything about the two. "On the other hand," the reporter continued speaking into the mic, "The violence that Bakugo showed in the finals and his attitude at the award ceremony shows that he is not always very stable mentally. Reaper was the only one who calmed him down during this."

The reporter looked up from his notes as he asked, "What if the villains kidnapped them because they had an eye on that? Kidnapping Bakugo with deceitful words, and dyeing him with the path of evil? They also took Reaper, who is the only one who can calm him down and has lost her hero company, what if the villains wanted her to join them because of that? What evidence do you have for saying they have a future?" It was clear that the reporter was being aggressive as he asked those questions, he was trying to stress them out and catch them saying something inappropriate.

Slowly, Aizawa got up from his seat and had a pissed off expression on his face and Vlad King begged that he didn't say anything to rational since the reporter knows that Aizawa hates media. The reporter knew that he had Eraser on the hook or so he thought. He suddenly bows as he spoke into the mic in front of him, "As an educator, I take full responsibility for Katsuki Bakugo's violent behavior. However, his actions at the sports festival originate in what he considers 'ideal strength.' He is trying harder than anyone in his pursuit of becoming the 'top hero.' If the villains saw that and thought they had an opening, then I believe they are being short-sighted." The reporter than retorted, "That is not evidence, though. This isn't a question of how you feel-- I'm asking whether or not you have a concrete plan in place."

Nezu spoke into the microphone as he answered, "We are not just standing around idly. We are currently investigating along with the police. We will definitely get our student and teacher back." Somewhere else, Bakugo and Aya smirked as they heard what the broadcast of U.A. said. Bakugo said with his famous smirk, "You said it, U.A. and Mr. Aizawa!" He snaps his gaze at the villains in front of him as he roared, "That's how it is, you damn scum of a league!" Her voice was filled with mock as she teased, "You clearly didn't think this through." Her eyes were filled with amusement as they flicker between the villains, her hands clenching and unclenching as her hands turned into the black marks like at the sports festival.

She deadpanned when she heard Bakugo roar, "Just so you know, I'm still allowed fighting!" She looks at him with the deadpanned look and said bluntly, "Only because I am here, idiot." Magne got ready in his position as he questioned, "You know exactly what your position is, huh? What a smart boy!" Dabi then stated as he stared them down, "No, he's an idiot." She glared at him as she felt the wine-red electricity crackle around her fingers. Toga clapped as she said, "I'll stick you." Mr. Compress shrugs as he stated, "Even if he wasn't going to join us, he should have pretended we were winning him over... He's done it now."

She scowls while roaring, "Motherfucker! Did you forget that I was here?!" Bakugo ignored her as he admitted, "I won't do something I want to even if I'm only faking it.  And I don't wanna be in an annoying place like this for very long." She watched how Shigaraki's hand twitched and raised it slightly while muttering, "Father..." Her eyes grew wide as well as Kurogiri's, the warp gate then yelled as he stretched his mist towards them, "Don't, Tomura Shigaraki! Calm down!" She silently swore when he glared at Bakugo which caused his hair to floof a bit and stood in front of him with her canines snapping at him. But he held his arms out to the side while stating, "Don't touch him, any of you." 

Kurogiri returned to normal and she only watched with cautious eyes as he picked up the hand with four fingers. He said as he placed the hand back on his face, "This guy... is a valuable piece." She backed against Bakugo who watched along with her as Shigaraki continued, "I wish you would've listened to me a little... I thought we could come to an understanding..." Bakugo growled out as he wrapped one of his arms around her shoulders, "Come to an understanding? No way." There was silence until Shigaraki's voice cuts through it, "Then I have no choice. The heroes said they're continuing their investigation of us... We don't have time to talk leisurely."He looked at the television while saying, "Master-- Lend me your power." She scowls when she realized who he was talking to. 

They didn't know what will happen next...