STRIVE [PART17]

||3RD POV||

She dropped the bags as she dodged the blade that went straight for her head. Immediately, frightened screams were heard as people watched the incident happen and started to scatter, creating chaos in every direction. She, however, left her belongings there and looked around for the attacker but was met with a face that appeared out of nowhere. Before she could do anything, she felt pain erupt from her abdomen and she spat out saliva as the male land a powerful hit against her abdomen. She staggers back with a pained expression but never took her eyes off of him, police officers rushed towards them but were blown away when a massive gust of wind came from out of nowhere. Her heels skids back as she tried to stand her ground but failed miserably when she felt a hand around her throat. She gasped for air as her nails scratched at the attacker's wrists and glared at him as she took in his features.

Long black hair that ended behind his ears fluttered in front of his pale grey colored eyes, a charcoal colored gas mask covered his mouth, nose, and right eye. His attire was a black long-sleeved buttoned-up shirt and jeans with military boots. "I apologize," He stated with his slightly muffled voice but she could hear that he had a deep voice, her lungs started to burn from the lack of oxygen but she mustered out her words in a seething tone, "Who... are you?" He didn't answer her but threw her to the ground, she groaned when she made contact with the floor but harshly coughed as she felt oxygen enter her lungs. Her eyes were blurry but she saw the tips of his shoes as he stood in front of her, she looked up with a pained expression as he spoke while staring her down, "I have received strict orders to retrieve you. My employer has something to discuss with you."

Scoffing, she retorted with a dark look when armed police officers formed a circle around them, "I refuse." The male hummed in disappointment but didn't even glance at the police officers as they aimed fire at him, citizens were trying to stop them since she, after all, was in the danger zone with her attacker. Horrifying screams filled the area as gunshots went off and empty shells fell to the ground. It was eerie quiet as everyone was stunned at the scene in front of them. The ravenette didn't move a muscle but the female was in his arms, bullets were floating in midair around him. "That was uncalled for," He started as the bullets fell to the ground and he looks at the police officers who stepped back in fear as he glared at them while holding the unconscious woman in his arms, "You could've killed my target. And here I thought that the police won't harm citizens."

One for one, their decapitated bodies fell to the floor as he walked past them, frightened citizens ran away from the scene, hoping that heroes would arrive any minute. He hummed in disapproval when he saw the heroes outside of the mall and muttered with dark eyes, "Why do these humans bother to stop me?" He dodged their attacks with ease and disappeared into thin air, catching everyone off guard. Out of nowhere, two more men that wore the same attire as the brunette's capture walked out of the mall. "Huh? Did Thanatos leave with Athena?" One of them questioned with a raised brow, his hair was a shade of pale gold while his eyes were a shade of pink. The male next to him answered in a bored tone as he took out a long sword when he saw the heroes draw closer, "Indeed, but it seems that the heroes are here." His hair was a pale lavender color while his eyes were dead as the dead sea, his skin was pale and both of the males were tall.

Meanwhile, Thanatos arrived at his destination minutes ago and knocked on the door, he heard that he could enter the room and greeted with a bow as the person, who was seated behind the desk, stare at him with menacing eyes, "Boss, I have brought Athena as ordered." The male behind the desk was dressed in a black suit with a red tie, his raven-colored locks were gelled back but a few strands fell over his dark eyes that resembled the night sky. "Thanatos," His fruity voice echoed through the room as he motioned the assassin to place her body onto the seat across from him, "Please place her across from me. Then leave and clean yourself." He obeyed his orders and closed the door behind him when he was finished. Silence erupted around him and her unconscious figure, he got up from his chair and decided to spoil himself with a glass of whiskey.

He opened the cabinet and hundreds of bottles filled with various liquors stood in pride. He grabbed the liquor he desired and poured it into a glass, he then opened the mini-fridge and took out a piece of sphere-like ice, and placed it into his glass. Slowly, he took a sip from the liquor before setting his glass down. He started to make a cocktail that he likes to call; Patron Platinum Margarita, it was a liquid that looked like melted platinum but the taste was extraordinary. Once he was finished with the drink, he took a white Lillie he found a few days ago and placed it on top of the rim of the glass. He felt proud of his creation as he placed it in front of her sleeping figure. He frowned when he saw the finger-like bruises start to form around her throat but sighed deeply as he knew that they were from Thanatos since he knew that she would resist to meet him again.

Slowly, he picked up his glass as he turned around and watched the sunset in the distance, the warm colors landed on him and gave the liquor in his hand a glow. He took a slow breath as he felt at peace for once, being a yakuza boss wasn't easy but else could he be when his entire existence revolves around misfortune. Her soft breathing pattern took him back to the past and he didn't notice how dark it started to get as time passed. Soon, it was completely dark and soft lights switched on in his office as he snapped back into reality. He hummed with a dissatisfied frown and placed the empty glass onto the table before heading towards her figure that stirred a bit. His hands picked her up by her shoulders and knees, he steadied her figure against his chest before walking out of his office with a blank face. Gently, he leaned closer to her ear and murmured something that caused her dream to turn dark while he had a wide smile on his lips as he walked towards his sleeping courters.

I wonder what he said to her...