KIDNAPPED [PART18]

||3RD POV||

Her glaring eyes were ending daggers towards the male behind the table, the golden sun was in the sky at the early hours and it started to make her skin warm. Her wrists were tied with a thick material that had a green glow to it, but, it would only appear when she would tug against it. Three males were behind her and they kept a close eye on the brunette, they all were dressed in black clothing that showed that their occupation was assassins. "I understand why you're sending such ugly glares but," The ravenette stated as he folded his hands underneath his chin while leaning forward on his chair, a few of his hair strands fell over his eyes that flashed amusement and entertained, "At least try to hide the fact that you dislike being here." She scoffs loudly as her eyes flashed gold for a second as devilish features appeared for a split second before disappearing, the males behind her were ready to attack if needed, "Why would I hide my emotions from someone like you? I like showing what I feel, especially to a higher rank person such as yourself."

Tension rose as his lips twitched at her words and sighed with a wide smile that caused her to lean back into her seat, his tone was filled with amusement but his eyes were dark with evil intent, "You still have that flare from the past. I like it." Her brow twitched as her lips were in a thin line and listened to how he ordered while getting up from his seat, "Thanatos, Cronus, Charon. You may leave us." The three males bowed without saying a word and left the room in seconds, the sound of the door behind locked behind them frightened her for a second but she didn't show it on her face. Her eyes followed the tall male as he started to make drinks for them both while speaking in a carefree tone, "Now that those three have left us alone, do tell what you have been doing for the last centuries or so."

He opened the cabinets and took out a familiar bottle of whiskey and to glasses; The Yamazaki. Skillfully, he poured the right amount of liquor into the glasses and glanced at her silent form with a raised brow when she didn't respond. "It's rude not to-" His words were cut off by the female as she stated with a frown, "What I do is none of your business." His motions paused for a second as a dark expression was written on his face and she gulped a bit when he wordlessly picked up the glasses. "Athena," The way he said her name made her skin crawl, slowly, he stalked towards where she was and placed the glass down in front of her. She froze when his cold fingers touched her exposed neck as he whispered into her ear, "It is my business. After all, I am..." He turned her face towards him and blackish-green smoke fell from his figure that was covered with black markings, his dark eyes were now a crimson color and a sickly wide smirk was on his lips, showing off his sharp canines as he spoke, "Loki. The Norse god of trickery and fire."

Her lips were sealed shut at his words as her eyes fell to the ground and he stated as his features turned normal again, "Now you will tell me what you did over the past few centuries as we drink." He got seated into his chair again and picked up his glass, he brought it to his lips as his eyes stared at her form, waiting for her to speak. Slowly, she started to tell him all the necessary things that she has done but not the ones that could be possibly used against her. Once she was finished, he motioned her to drink as he spoke, "Interesting. Now that you've told me that, I'll tell you my side." His fingers started to tap against the glass and watched how she took a sip from the glass but her eyes never left his own. "Ever since I was banished, I was found by this organization; 'The Shadow Kings.' Their previous leader took me in and learned me how to lead when he departs," He started to tell her and she grew slightly nervous when his eyes glossed over with millions of emotions as he continued, "I was upset yet happy about that. However, when you were banished to Midgard, everything was in chaos."

Her grip tightened around the glass as she recalled how she was banished from her homeland. His hair slightly covered his eyes as he continued to speak but he placed the empty glass down onto the table with a frown while leaning closer to her form, "We're similar, you and I. We had a bond when we were still in Asgard and when I was gone, you didn't come to find me." His chair shrieked as it was aggressively pushed back and she cowered back into her seat as he started to raise his voice, but, his tone was agony and rage, "You raised me! Yet you didn't defend me when I was banished! What kind of a guardian are you?!" Before he could say anything else, her angered voice croaked out as she raised her head at him, "A bad one! I'm a bad guardian who couldn't possibly have begged Zeus to bring you back and spare you from all of those horrible things!"

His eyes widen at her words and watched how tears spilled from her eyes as she added with a choke of a sob as she lowered her head in shame, "I tried Loki. I really did but nothing worked. I mourned that you were gone but centuries later, I got the same fate as you." Softly, he fell into his chair as her sobs filled the room and rubbed his face in exhaustion. Soon, the tears disappeared and she stated with a smile as she stared at the glass, "At least you found someone who looked after you when I couldn't." He murmured as he stared out of the window with a distant expression, "Yeah..." 

Silence erupted around them as the sun's rays filled the dark room...