VICTORY OR DEFEAT [PART 56]

3rd POV

Immediately, our protagonist teleported with a worried expression on her face, she popped out next Cementoss who was seated next to the battle arena. She had a blank expression  on her face as the hero next to her said, "We'll step in if things get out of control." She nods along, showing that statement is true. They watch as the two rivals stand in front of each other, Present Mic's voice boomed through the speakers, "The rules are simple. Force your opponent out of bounds, or immobilize them!"

Reaper glances at Present Mic with a slight smirk as he continued, "You can also win by making you opponent say, 'I give up!'" She laughs as she looks back at the two teens with slight worry yet amusement was seen on her face. She felt her wings sprout from her shoulder blades and she flatters them a few times before closing them, the tip of her wings dragged across the floor.

She could make out that the two opponents were talking and she saw a furious expression on Midoriya's face, suddenly, Present Mic's voice roared over the speakers, "Start!" When they started the battle, she notices the color of his pupils and froze as a frightened expression appeared on her face, 'Oh god, please tell me he isn't under Shinso's control,' she thought bitterly.

Out of nowhere, Midoriya turned around and started walking to the end of the bounds, Reaper felt her blood boil in her veins and just before he could step out of the bounds, he saw shadowy figures at the entrance from where he came from but noticed a familiar-looking person who resembled Reaper. He could make out every tiny detail of the ancient yet powerful-looking woman as she glared at him. She raised her hand and with a chilling smirk, she mouthed, 'Use this power wisely.'

He felt a powerful surge run through his body as he stared into her dark eyes, slowly the shadows and the familiar woman disappeared. Immediately, a massive gust of wind surrounded the arena, Reaper opened her eyes as she gave the same chilling smirk. "It seems Midoriya saw my true form along with the past users of One For All," said Reaper muttered to herself when she saw the horrified yet worried expression on Midoriya's face.

The crowd cheers when they saw he stopped himself, Class A was cheering at the accomplishment. Shinso yelled something at Midoriya who slammed his hand over his mouth as he slowly looked at Reaper with emotionless eyes, he noticed the powerful yet intimidating expression on her face when they made eye contact. He felt his hairs stand on end when he remembered the same expression on the woman's' face when she looked at him.

He looked back at Shinso as he started heading towards the indigo haired male, who was trying to buy some time. Midoriya tried to push him out of the bounds but Shinso stopped him with a punched and turned them both around, causing Midoriya to be at the line of the bounds. Suddenly, Midoriya grabbed Shinso by his bicep and flipped him over his shoulder, causing the indigo haired male to slam against the floor.

Reaper whistles when she realized that he used the same move that he used on Bakugo during the indoor-battle. Midnight announces that Midoriya advanced to the next round when she saw he was immobilized, causing the crowd to cheer at the win. Reaper sighs out of relief and heads up the battlegrounds, she stood between each male who bowed to each other.

Once they straightened their backs, she turns towards Shinso with a smile, slowly she steps forward and wrap her arms around his waist as she squeezed him, he blushes as he felt her arms around him. He smiles and slowly hugs her back, she pulled back and gave him a toothy smile. She turns towards Midoriya with the same smile and hugged him, he felt at ease when he felt her arms around him. She lets go of him and grabbed his fingers, he hisses and she frowned.

She quickly puts a healing spell over his fingers and tapped his shoulder softly as she said, "Just go to Recovery Girl to properly heal your injuries," She looked over her shoulder at Shinso, "That includes you, Shinso." He nods with a gloomy expression on his face and she sighs, she steps back as they walked to the entrances to the stands, but just before Shinso walked into the entrance, his classmates started to praise and reassure him that he fought well.

She could see the grateful expression on his face as he continued walking, she steps off of the battleground once they were both gone. She opened a portal to the infirmary and greeted Recovery Girl, she climbed onto a medical bed and rested as her wings covered her body. Soon, she heard the door open and Midoriya walked in with All Might next to him.

She listened to their conversation behind the curtain, clearly just being there for no apparent reason. She heard how Recovery Girl was scolding All Might but what caught her attention was when Midoriya mentioned the people he saw. "I had a vision..." Midoriya started and she listened as she turned around on the bed, "There were eight or nine people... I'm not sure exactly how many... But when it felt like my mind was filled with fog from the brainwashing, the vision appeared, as if to drive away from the fog."

There was silence as he continued, "It was like I was barely able to move just my fingertips for a moment... There was someone with eyes like you, too, All Might. But what was very strange to me was the woman I saw." This piqued All Might's interest, "What do you mean, Young Midoriya?" The green-haired male gulped, "The woman looked so identical to Aya-san." All Might suddenly choke out blood which caused Recovery Girl to scowl as she gave him a tissue, Midoriya flinched slightly.

"Is... Is there something wrong, All Might?" Asked the injured boy, All Might shake his head as he explained, "Um, Young Midoriya, I think you saw, um, her true form." This caused the teen to release an 'eh', he suddenly had a pale face as he exclaimed, "What do you mean, 'I saw her true form!'" All Might gulps as he explained, "Well, you see... I hope she told you this or else I'm dead when she finds out." Midoriya nods when he realizes what he meant and the blonde continued.

"You see, she has a human form and a true form. She's usually in her human form since she doesn't want the government to take notice of her since they can capture her for experiments." Suddenly the curtain was pulled back, causing everyone to flinch. There they saw the hero the were just talking about, lazing on the bed, clearly listening to the conversation. She summons her kitsune pipe and lights it up, unlike last time when the flame was blue, it was red this time.

She blows the smoke as she stared at them with amusement, her wings disappeared and her features changed, horns appeared on her head while a demon-like tail appeared from her behind. She narrows her eyes at them in an amusing way as she teased, showing her canines, "It seems somebody is gossiping about little me~"

They all felt their faces pale and their small hairs stood on edge as a chill ran down their spines, she sits up and blows a puff of red smoke into Midoriya's face, he was immediately hit by the scent of roses, cranberry, and cherries along with some red wine. He recoils back and stared at her with fear as she giggled slowly when she said in a low voice.

"My, oh my.

It seems a curious teen saw my true form, what a naughty child..."