HEALING [PART 46]

3rd POV

That evening, Reaper had to go to the bar for a shift. Somehow, she convinced Recovery Girl to let her go this time and head straight to the bar. She was struggling to get her uniform on but succeeded, her face was littered with bandaids and multiple bandages were around her neck and forearms. She couldn't tie her hair up so she just let the locks to fall and to meddle with it. 

She heads out and got behind the counter, she felt the stares of her co-workers and ignored them as she started serving many women and men. She puts a glass of strong whiskey in front of a masked man, who was staring at her with curious eyes. She smiles at him, "Your drink, sir. Hope you enjoy it." Her voice came out soft and tenderly, catching him off guard for a split second. 

"One classic french martini!" A lady, next to the man, popped up as she said her order, the brunette bartender smiles widely as she greeted, "Ah, Mrs. Tamiko, I haven't seen you since forever. How's your husband doing? Is he still the same loving asshole you love so dearly?" Mrs. Tamiko laughs as she slammed the counter with the palm of her hand, the female bartender stares amused as she started making her drink. 

Mrs. Tamiko wipes a tear from her eyes as she said, "Ahhh, I hadn't had such a laugh since forever. You still know how to crack me up, Angel." The said woman chuckles as she pushes the glass to her across the counter in a slow manner, "What can I say, I just know how to make a person's day." Her stare got a bit serious as she watched the woman in front of her grab the drink, "And Mrs. Tamiko, be careful of leaving your drinks alone. We don't want to have a repeat of last time, right?"

The lady nods happily and went on her way to the lounge area, the bartender sighs and wipes a whiskey glass as she was in a daze. She heard a glass being slid across the counter and saw the man, who she served earlier, look at her with a raised brow. She puts the clean whiskey glass down and went to grab his empty glass, but he grabbed her wrist as soon as she took the glass. She narrowed her eyes at the hand that held her wrist and slowly she directed her intense gaze to his eyes.

"Is there a problem, sir?" She asked in a calm voice but he could tell she was pissed off that he was holding onto her wrist. He slowly lets go of her wrist and said, "I want a White Russian, if possible." She sighs a bit and nods as she took another whiskey glass, her hands started moving around and the drink was done in a minute. 

She places the glass in front of him and narrowed her eyes slightly at his calculating gaze, she saw familiar faces walk in and sit a few seats away from the masked man. She walks towards them and greeted, "Dabi, Toga, welcome back. The regular, or do you guys want to have something else for a change?" 

They both didn't answer since they were staring at her band-aided face and bandaged arms, she smiles softly and stretched her arms out, showing them to the two as she explained, "I got in a major fight on my way back home and in the end, I got a fractured shoulder and rib bone along with some internal bleeding. But, overall I'm perfectly fine." The other bartenders were shocked as they eavesdropped and the customers around the counter were silent as they stared worriedly at her bandaged self. 

She waved them off but they noticed how she flinched when she lifted her arm, they didn't believe her one bit. They decided it was best to go on with their own business, she slowly descended her arm and she felt the pain ease. Toga was clutching her skirt in anger, Dabi was doing the same to his pants. She noticed how they had a furious expression on their faces and she tried to reassure them, "Hey, there's no need to have those expressions on your faces, I wasn't careful enough." 

Dabi looked at her as if she was accused of something horrible, Toga was dead quiet as tears started prickling the corner of her eyes. Reaper flinched back when she saw Dabi's stare and gulped, his voice came off deeper than his usual tone when he spoke to her, "Angel, it angers us to know that you've been injured this bad. I mean, you got a fractured shoulder and rib, I can't even forget to mention you also got internal bleeding. And even worse, you got attacked when you were heading home."

She was quiet when he spoke, Toga was looking at the counter with so much angered, it looked as if she wanted to murder a person. Reaper knew if they were angered, it would get out of control if they drink alcohol. She puts her hand on his shoulder and whispered, "I know you're concerned but you're making a scene and then I have to kick you out, I don't want that to happen. So, please, understand that you have to calm down and care about yourself." 

His shoulders sagged and Toga flinched a bit, Reaper sighed out of relief and started making their drinks. During this time, they were silent and when she was finished with their drinks, she places it in front of them. The masked man witnessed the scene and took a sip from his white Russian, clearly interested in the relationship between the two hidden villains and the bartender. 

As the brunette haired bartender walks past him, he called out to her, "Bartender with the brunette hair." She looks at him as she walks over to him with a curious gaze, he motioned her to hurry and she did. She was in front of him, "Is there a problem--" She was cut off when the man took off his mask and grabbed her by the collar towards him, he placed his lips on her plump ones. She slowly blinked and immediately her face was red as a rose, a crack of glasses were heard a few seats away from them.

The man pulled away and slipped a 50 dollar bill between her breasts and licked his lips, "Thanks for the drink, Angel. Oh, and keep the tip." He slipped his mask on and walked out of the bar, she stared into nothingness with a red face until she fell to her knees out of embarrassment. And chaos was everywhere in the bar. 

Dabi had multiple veins pop up from his neck as he was about to jump up from his seat to go after that Yakuza leader but Toga held him back, even though she was furious and pissed off as him. Riko and Roku ran to Reaper, completely panicked at her blushing state and what happened to her. Meanwhile, the leader of the Shie Hassaikai, Kai Chisaki, was walking towards the headquarters of the said Yakuza. He was completely satisfied with what he did at the bar, clearly enjoyed the kiss he gave the gorgeous bartender and pissing off the two hidden villains.

Did I mention he bruised her lips when he kissed her, or the fact he bit her bottom lip? 

No? Then my bad.