BACK TO WORK [PART 47]

3rd POV

The next morning, the daily news was announced, the buzzing streets paid no attention to the female reporter who spoke on the screen, "This is a follow-up report on yesterday's incident at the U.A. rescue training facility where the hero course students were attacked by villains." A few people stopped and started listening or watching.

The female reporter continued, "According to the police investigation, the criminals call themselves; 'The League of Villains' and have been plotting to kill All Might, who has been a teacher at the U.A. since the spring of this year. Speaking of teachers, it seems Grim Reaper is at U.A. once again to teach after her long break." At this point, everyone was listening or paying attention to the news when All Might and Reaper's names were mentioned, "Anyhow, police have arrested 72 villains, but they still do not know the whereabouts of their ringleader."

TIME SKIP

At the U.A, a meeting was held at night, but Aya wasn't informed of it until the very last moment, so she didn't have time to change out of her bartender uniform. Just as the meeting was about to start, a portal opened above the table and she fell onto the wooden surface. She groans quickly and looked up while exclaiming, "I have arrived! I'm not late, am I?!"

Nezu snickered and waved his paw as he reassured her, "Of course not, but if I may ask, what is it that you are currently wearing?" She got off of the table and sat in her seat, she played with her fingers as she answered sheepishly, "I was only notified now that we have a meeting and I was at my part-time job, so I didn't have time to change..."

The other teachers nod and she notices the detective, she greeted him with a nod and a smile, he blushes slightly as he looks away from and cleared his throat when he started reading the report, "The police have investigated the group calling themselves; 'The League of Villains,' and there does not appear to be anyone registered with the name Shigaraki in his teens or 20's with a Quirk that lets him disintegrate whatever he touches. It's the same with the villain called Kurogiri with the Warp Gate."

Aya freezes and Nezu saw her action in the corner of his eye, "Mrs. Reaper, is there something wrong?" She looks at him with dead eyes as she answered, "Its a bit awkward to listen to how my son is a villain..." When she said that, she saw the teachers snap their gazes at her bandaged body, the detective also looks at her with narrowed eyes. She gulps and sinks into the chair further, as she tried to ignore the looks shes given.

There was silence but the detective continued to read the report but kept his gaze on her form, "They are probably not citizens and are using false names. In other words, they are people with unregistered Quirks who are part of society's underbelly." Her voice cuts the room like a blade, "I checked if his Quirk was registered, I don't understand... Unless someone deleted the damn file..."

She leaned forward as she glared at the table, clearly pissed to know that the register is possibly been deleted. She pulls her slightly and the teachers look at her with uncertain eyes, not trusting her in this situation. Nezu saw the distrust in their eyes and exclaimed, "Mrs. Reaper," She looks at him with slightly glowing eyes and he continued, "It's alright, we understand that you cant understand why the file is missing, so please, don't--" She cuts him off sharply, "It's not fine, Nezu. I would've given you it if it wasn't deleted and everything would be a million times easier."

The tension in the room was high and thin, if it could, a knife can slice through it like a thread. They could practically feel the intimidation the no. 3 hero was imitating, challenging anyone to take her on. No one did and she slowly relaxes, happy and satisfied that no one dared to argue with her. The detective gulped and continued with the report, "They are probably not citizens and are using false names."

Reaper was quiet as a mouse and listened carefully, not wanting to create a scene once again. The detective continued, "In other words, they are people with unregistered Quirks who are part of society's underbelly."  Vlad King then grumbled, "You mean, we don't know anything..." Snipe then pressed, "We must hurry. Once their ringleader, Shigaraki's gun wounds heal, they'll definitely try again. It'll be a pain." 

All might holds his chin as he thinks out loud, "Their ringleader, huh?" Nezu hears him and turned to him, "What is it, All Might?" All Might then explained, "It was a bold attack that normal people wouldn't carry out even if they thought of it. To suddenly go on and on with his wild statement like that..." He glances at Reaper and was met with her slightly amused eyes, he glances away from her eyes and looked around the room as he explained.

"Although he didn't reveal his own Quirk, he bragged about that Nomu's Quirk..." Reaper then slides in a comment which held their attention, "He was always like that when he was younger, even when he was in his teens..." They look at her expectantly, and she continued while crossing her hands in front of her, "You see, I found him in an alleyway when I was returning from my mission one night. He quickly got used to me and he started to cling on me like koala 24/7, he was always chatting or bragging about his achievements when I give him something to do."

They all nod and All Might explained once again, "And when things didn't go the way he wanted, he was visibly upset." Reaper hums in agreement, "He also had a lot of fits when he was younger so I wasn't surprised at this at all. Well, this incident with the Quirk was to also force your hand, All Might... Including mine." 

Nezu pipped in while raising his paw slightly, "Even so, it was foolish to throw away the advantage of having unknown Quirks when fighting against heroes." The detective agrees with him and they all listened carefully as All Might stated, "He made immature, wild statements with a straight face. He bragged about his possessions."

Reaper nods and leans her head back against the chair, clearly agreeing with what he was saying. "He thought everything would simply go his way. Adding that to what I saw of him when he carried out the attack, the picture I get of Shigaraki is..." Reaper knew what he was about to say and he said, "...someone who hasn't gotten rid of his childish sense of omnipotence--" Reaper and All Might said it at the same time, surprising the teachers and detective, "A man-child."

Vlad King then muttered, "A child with power?" MIdnight then turned to Reaper with a questioning gaze, "Reaper, did he never receive the Quirk counseling every child gets in elementary school?" Reaper scowls, "Yes, of course, he did." She apologizes to the brunette who was staring her down, All Might look at each other as the detective spoke, "Well, what does that have to do with anything?"

Everyone looks at the talking detective, "There were 72 villains arrested the other day at USJ. They were all small-timers that lurked in back alleys. But the problem is how they all agreed with that man-child and followed him." Reaper laughs a bit but hid it quickly with a cough, which causes the detective to narrow his eyes at her figure.

He looks back at the report, "In the crowded environment saturated with heroes, villainous people who have been oppressed may be drawn to that kind of simple-minded evil." Vlad King nods, "That's true." Snipe then interrupted, "There are plenty of people who don't know what to do with their Quirks." Midnight then turns to the hero with serious eyes, "This is alarming, though..." 

The detective lifted the report down as he said, "Well, its thanks to you heroes that we are able to devote ourselves to our investigation. We'll expand our search network and continue to assist in arresting the perpetrators." He walks out of the meeting room, leaving the quiet teachers. Nezu then curiously said softly, "A man-child..." All Might looks at him in the corner of his eye as Nezu continued, "In some sense, he's like our students. He still has room to grow. If there was someone capable of backing him, trying to cultivate his malice..." A slam was heard as a figure loomed over the principle who calmly looks up to meet malice eyes, staring into his beady ones.

"Nezu," the voice warned, "I don't think that is necessary, enough. I can bring him back on my own, so mind your damn business." She walked out of the room and the remaining teachers flinched when the door slammed loudly, Nezu said softly, "Oh my, it seems that I went too far there..."

Reaper walks outside the school building and she decided that she needs to let off some steam, so she went to the convenience store and bought some liquor.

 Now, imagine the disaster later...