THE FLU [PART 68]

||3rd POV||

The door opened and Midnight had a wide grin on her face when she saw the brunette but slowly, her grin turned into a frown when she saw the most heartbreaking thing. The smile on his face was so shiny and happy but sorrow and misery along with a hint of rage were swirling in his eyes. She notices the dark rings under his eyes and the pale skin, she hurriedly walked towards him and grabbed his cheeks as she checked on him, surprising everyone.

"Ayato," Her voice came out shakily as her eyes turned into a glare and his smile twitched a bit, "Have you been sleeping?" The entire class was quiet as they watched how the brunette replied in a happy tone but his eyes were saying something else, "I have but not a lot since so much happened in the last few days."

Her hands left his face as she stepped back when she saw the dark look in his eyes, he looked away from her while getting off of the wall as his voice echoed around the room, "Well, it seems I'm not needed at the moment so I'll be heading to the staff room to do work." With that, he was gone and the door slammed behind him. He sneezed and coughed lowly as his face turned a bit pinkish.

He walked towards the teacher's lounge but his gaze started to go dark and his body crumbled to the floor, alerting anyone in the hall. He was panting heavily as he gripped his chest in pain while a blood-red blush reached his head, he could hear hurried footsteps heading his way. His dead eyes were met with a blurry face and his senses started to fade away along with his consciousness, yet he could hear muffled and panicked voices. 

His unconscious form was picked up by someone and sprinted towards Recovery Girl, Aizawa felt his heart pump with adrenaline as his legs took him to the infirmary. He slammed open the door and Recovery Girl flinched as she looked at them but her eyes grew wide, "Quickly! Place him on the bed!" Without any hesitation, Aizawa places Ayato's hot body onto the bed. Recovery Girl hurriedly places her hand on his forehead and hisses as she pulled her hand away, "Too hot! He's burning up too much!"

Aizawa was frozen but out of nowhere, he started undressing the brunette. Once all his clothing was off, except his boxers, Aizawa noticed how flushed his body was and looked at Recovery Girl for guidance. She glances at him as she searches for the medicine inside the cabinets, a hand held onto the tired man's bicep and a raspy voice spoke, "I'm perfectly fine. I can still do my job with my condition." Aizawa glared at the brunette and seethed through gritted teeth, "No, you won't. You're running a high fever from a cold you caught because you overworked your body enough." 

Ayato grumbles as his hand fell to the bed, "I'm not sick. I'm just..." He went silent as he felt something rise from his throat, he quickly motions for a bowl or a bucket and Aizawa gave him one. Immediately, Ayato felt the bile escape his mouth into the bowl and he coughed a bit. He sits the bowl down as he wipes his mouth with the back of his hand, he tried to get up from the bed but was pushed down. 

He glares at the black-haired male who challenged him back, both of them felt tension rise drastically in the room. Ayato broke away from Aizawa's glare and laied on the bed with a blank look as he listened to how Recovery Girl rampaged through the cabinets. His raspy voice spoke into the room causing everyone to freeze, "I was fired from my hero company yesterday." Both heroes look at the sick brunette with wide eyes.

"What...?" Aizawa's voice came out sternly as he clenched his hands, Ayato glanced at him as he explained in a monotone voice, "I got a call from my boss yesterday and he said that I cant do internships in the future or do any hero work under them since my female identity was leaked on the screens at the sports festival..." They both listened with heavy hearts when they heard his voice crack as he continued, "I work so hard to keep my identity a secret for over 45 years and yet this happened..."

He crosses his arms over his eyes when hot tears leaked from them, with a hiccup, he said as his lip trembled, "I'm so mad at myself when that happened... I can't even protect myself from a few cameras and now... That man knows my civilian identity and I don't know what I'm going to do..." Aizawa sat on the bed with his head in his hands while Recovery Girl walks over with the medication, silently, she places the medicine on the bedside with a glass of water. 

No one spoke, only the rain against the window and Ayato's wails were heard in the room, nothing else. Aizawa was trying to pull himself together with gritted teeth as he listened to his sobs. Sometime later, the sobs submerged with the rain and going silent, the sound of light snoring filled their ears. The two teachers glance at the sleeping yet feverish body on the bed, without a word, Aizawa stormed out of the infirmary.

He had a dark look in his eyes as he walked to Class A, once he reached the said classroom, he slammed the door open which caused everyone to flinch and go quiet. Aizawa stood at the door and his eyes were on Midnight who looked at him with curious eyes. In a harsh and deadly voice, Aizawa spoke, "They fired him from the company..." Midnight went pale and stuttered, "What...? That can't be..." The students watch in silence as Midnight rushed towards Aizawa, her hands were shaking as she muttered, "That's impossible!"

Aizawa shook his head as he retorted, "It's not. They fired him because his female identity got revealed on the screens to the public." Without any hesitation, she pushed him aside and rushed to the infirmary. He watched as her body turned the corridor, eyes were on him and he turned around to look at the class. With a dead voice, he said to them, "Class dismiss." He closes the door and walked away, leaving the students alone in a deafening silence.

They felt a heavy weight on their shoulders as they try to figure out what Aizawa meant by; 'They fired him from the company.' Midoriya felt a cold bead of sweat drip from his brow as he remembered how Ayato was telling him to do an 8-hour shift for a few days. He remembered the tired yet frustrated look in his eyes and the sickly pale skin of the male, he could notice that the male was kind of dead this morning. He muttered to himself with wide horrified eyes, 

"Was Ayato fired from the hero company...? Or did he lose everything...?"