THE FUTURE [PART9]

||3RD POV||

Tension rose in the room that she was seated in, the sound of the clock slowly ticking entered her ears and her eyes stared at the shorter being across from her. She watched how he slowly drank his tea and impatiently questioned as her fingers started to show that she was getting irritated, "Why am I here, Nezu?" The being paused in his motions and gently placed the cup down as he answered with a smile that caused her blood to boil slightly at the surface of her pale skin, "I think you already know why I asked for your presence this afternoon, Ms. Kurosawa." Her fingers froze in mid-air as her eyes darken and the temperature dropped drastically. "No," She seethed through her teeth as the light flickered a bit but he didn't make any motion that he was frightened, "I won't."

He folded his paws on the table in front of him as he remarked in a singsong manner, "But you must. What else would you do in your life, after all, you are a god." The lights started to flicker even more and the windows cracked as her face showed that she was furious to the point that her powers were showing, black markings swam across her skin as she spoke, "Do not speak of that word in front of me, ever again. I am a fallen god, nothing more. I served my fifteen years at this school and I don't see why I should help."

Her thoughts were running in millions of miles as the tension rose but she froze when she recalled something from this morning. She was peacefully getting ready for the day since Aito took the kids to school, she stared at her reflection in the mirror but they widen when a husky yet teasing voice spoke from her bed, "Well, it seems that you're still gorgeous as ever, Athena." Slowly, her head turned to where the voice was and saw the male who had crimson hair and ruby-colored eyes, his attire was similar to a soldiers'; badges, medals, etc.

She opened her mouth but before her voice could come out, he spoke as he got up from her bed, "You're probably wondering why I, Ares, is here in Midgard, right? Well..." He stood in front of her and gave her a mocking bow as he teased with a sly smirk, "It's very simple. I have come to visit the one who created chaos with me through time." Speechless, she stared at him as he straightened himself while placing his hands inside of his pockets. "...Are you being serious?" She questioned as she tried not to show that her lips were trembling while her hands turned into fists by her sides, his expression softened as he stared down at her figure.

Softly, he placed his gloved hands onto her shoulders and squeezed them as he spoke, "Yeah... I'm here." Before he could comprehend what happened, his back hit the bedroom floor, and heard her sobs as she clung to him, he leaned his head back as his eyes closed and soothingly rubbed her back as he allowed her to cry. After all, they were very close when she was still a god, but everything went downhill when Zeus banished her. He grew restless and refused to do his job as the God of War.

Soon, she quietened down but he felt her tears soak his jacket and started with a blank look as he stared at the ceiling, "You're getting my jacket soaked with your tears." She retorted harshly while slapping his bicep but her other hand was clutching at his jacket, "Oh, just shut up, Yusuke." He chuckled softly and held her head against his chest as he reassured while his other hand was on her lower back, "I'm kidding, love." She hummed a bit to his words and silence erupted around them, but they didn't mind at all since they enjoyed each other's company.

Suddenly, she sat up and got off of him as she tried to hide the fact that she showed him a vulnerable side of her. He crossed his legs as he stared at her backside but noticed the attire that she was wearing; it was a dress that was off-shoulder but a seethrough yet lacy material was attached to it, covering her shoulders until her elbows, it was a black-maroon colored material and heels matched with it. She didn't notice how he was in a daze as she read the letter that Natsuo handed her last night, her eyes trailed over the words but froze when she felt his hands rub her hips while his lips graze the back of her neck, leaving goosebumps with each movement of his lips.

"Stop that," She stated as she glared at him over her shoulder, he paused in his movements and his hazy eyes returned to normal. It took him a second to realize what he was doing and when it did, he stepped back with a flustered look as he ignored at her cold stare. "I'm sorry," He stated as his ruby eyes glanced at her while his hand was covering his mouth as his cheeks burned, "I didn't know what came over me." She rolls her eyes at his excuse and retorted as the letter burned in a green flame, her feet took her to the door and he stared at her with furrowed brows, "Well, I think it's time that you go back to Asgard, Aphrodite must be looking for you." The door closed behind her, leaving him in silence until he crumbled to himself before disappearing in small red lights, "Goddammit..."

Back to the present, neither of the two spoke as they stared at each other. She sighed loudly while closing her eyes in frustration, her voice was defeated when she spoke while leaning against her seat, "Fine. I'll work here, again." He seemed satisfied with her answer and remarked as he smiled when she got up to leave, "Very good. I will send the details later in the week." She paused with her back towards him and a golden-black portal opened in front of her, she waved her hand at him as she stated with a scowl that he couldn't see, "Yeah, whatever, Nezu." As the brunette disappears through the portal that closed behind her, he murmured as he looks at the file underneath the papers, "Grim Reaper, I do hope that you won't make the same mistakes as in the past..."

Meanwhile, she was at the front door of her house and opened the door with a tired look. She flinched when she heard multiple voices exclaim in unison while confetti fell over her, "Happy 28th birthday!" None of them spoke as she stared at them with wide yet confused eyes, suddenly, tears streamed down her face as she choked on a sob. Immediately, they started to panic while Aito watched with amused eyes as she sobbed with a smile while rubbing the tears away. That day, she got something that she lost, people who were still with her. She lost too many people as years passed and didn't want that to happen again, so...

She cherished every small moment that she can spend with them...