OBTAIN [PART16]

||3RD POV||

The next morning, the entire city was at a buzz when a citizen found the remains of the decapitated and almost-devoured corpse in the abandoned neighborhood on an early morning jog. Investigators and police officers went to the murder scene and reporters were drawn to the scene, the news was filled with the horrible incident and citizens were fearing the worst when they found out that they couldn't get an identity or cause of death for the victim. Meanwhile, the brunette was in in the lounge area with the television on and the female reporter stated which caused the woman to pause in her motions, "We have intel that the victim, who was found by a citizen who was on an early morning jog, went through multiple methods of torture and tried to escape the suspect but failed as they were decapitated by an unknown blade. The victim was then devoured by an unknown animal--" 

She switched the television off with a scowl and murmured as she got up from the couch while neatening her office attire, "Humans truly get annoying by the passing centuries with their curiosity and evolvement..." She walks around the silent house and started to lock up the doors since she was about to leave, the children were at school or friends, meaning that she had time alone for a while. Soon, she was walking down the streets to get groceries before heading to work at the Wu Company. The weather was sunny but a breeze passed them by as clouds started to fill the sky, she blocked out the gossips of the people that she passed on the sidewalk and had a cold expression on her face as she recalled last night's event.

Minutes have passed and she arrived at the mall, slowly, she started to buy the necessary things that she and the kids need. Hours have passed and she had about three or four bags of groceries and clothing in her hands. A tired expression was on her face as she sat at a random bench that was located inside of the mall. She leans her head back as she listened to the small sounds around her, suddenly, she heard someone sit next to her and glanced at them as she straightened herself. The person was a male with the same shade of brown for locks and his eyes were the same as hers and his attire was a black suit, she hummed as she quietly greeted him while crossing her legs, "Morning, Ayato. What brings you here in Midgard?" The male answered her with his husky yet low voice as he leaned his head on his palm, "Can't I visit my female counterpart?" 

Her lips twitched upward as she teased, "I don't know; Can you?" He rolled his eyes at her tone and spoke in a low tone as he folded his arms over his chest, "Look, love, I can't stay in this form too long so we need to merge very soon." She hums in understanding but retorted as she tapped her fingers against her lap, "I know. But... I just want you to enjoy life on your own for a while." Slowly, he looks at her with a blank look and agreed as he looked down at her fingers, "I do, but, I don't like being separated. I want to be where I belong." He watched her get up from the bench as she spoke while picking up her bags, "Alright. You can merge with me anytime that you want, but not now. I have a feeling that something horrible is going to happen to me." Hurriedly, he got up and spoke as he clutched onto her bicep with a panicked look, "What will happen? I want to protect you from harm!" 

Harshly, she ripped her bicep from his hold and stated with a sad expression on her face before disappearing into the crowded mall, "I'm afraid that I can't tell you. I must accept my fate, Ayato." Slowly, he clenched his hands into fists as an angered expression appeared on his face but tears started to fill the corners of his eyes as he tried to hold back his frustration. Meanwhile, she was windowshopping inside a lingerie shop and the workers there couldn't stop staring at her from every direction but she didn't mind. "Excuse me," A feminine voice stated from next to her and she looked at the female worker with a raised brow, she fiddled with her fingers as her cheeks started to burn bright as she continued to speak in a nervous tone, "I'm sorry to bother but... Um... My manager would like to talk to you about our latest stock..." 

With furrowed brows and confused eyes, she spoke as she stared the shorter woman down, "Alright, please lead the way." She nods and escorted her, the other workers were whispering with impressed yet envious looks as she passed them by. Soon, they were met with a woman that had a red suit on and she greeted the brunette with a wide smile as she noticed her features, "Hey there! I'm the manager of 'Victoria Secret', Tatsuno Kaori! I apologize for disturbing your window shopping but I just had to talk to you about our latest stock that came in this morning." The brunette was silent as the worker, who brought her to the energetic manager, went back to do her shift and agreed with an extremely small smile that made the manager coo, "No need to apologize and I would love to talk." And so it began, the manager started to show her the new products and told her to try them on. 

Hours have passed and the manager was completely red in the face from embarrassment with how perfect the brunette looked in every set of lingerie. They started from simple black lingerie to end up doing the BDSM themed ones. The brunette had a black face on the entire time and asked with a raised brow as she dressed back into her original attire, "Are you alright? You seem to be red." She dismissed her worried words while waving her hand around, "No, no! I'm perfectly fine!" All of the workers in the lingerie shop watched the female leave the shop with her belongings and they exploded with flustered expressions as chaos erupted between them. Meanwhile, the brunette was walking out of the mall but froze when a bad feeling erupted inside of her stomach. 

With wide eyes, she saw...