SOUVENIR [PART14]

||3RD POV||

Rain. That was something that she always appreciated throughout her lifetime. The sound of the sky's tears hitting the roof and releasing a relaxing yet comforting scent, how a person could stay in bed the entire day and be lazy. But, unfortunately, she couldn't do that for today. She was dressed in all-black as she walked through the drizzling rain with an umbrella over her head, slightly covering her face from people who pass her by and a bouquet of black lilies were in her dominant hand. Cars passed her by on the road and she walked towards her destination; The cemetery. As she walked through the neighborhood, crimson eyes watched from their window as her figure walked passed their house. He noticed her attire and his brows furrowed with confusion but a bulb went off in his head when he realized why. He had heard that there's a rumor about the three siblings who are in Aldera Junior High that their caretaker is widow, but, he didn't believe it, until now.

As he started to get dressed for the weather outside and to follow the woman to see if the rumor is true, she was already at the corner of the road. Her dull eyes watched how the raindrops touched the leaves of flowers but ignored them as she continued her journey. Minutes later, she arrived at her destination, and Hydrangeas that had various colors from blue to pale pink were growing everywhere. Graves with stones that had names carved in them were seen as she walked down the tiled floor of the cemetery. Meanwhile, the ash-blonde was out of breath as he frantically looked around for the female, he didn't care that he was getting soaked in the pouring rain. He spotted the black umbrella before it disappeared around a bush that had flowers blooming from it, he cursed under his breath and went after her.

At the same time, she was walking through the bushes that had all different kinds of flowers blooming from them. She would step into a puddle which caused her lips to twitch upwards as she felt a warm blanket of comforts of her deceased husband's spirit escort her to his grave. He was tall and quite handsome, his grey hair was gelled back while his golden eyes were gleaming with kindness and adoration as he looked at her, his figure was covered with a business suit, yet no one could see his spirit. The ash-blonde skids around the corner of the man-made hall and his eyes widen when he saw the slightly transparent male escort the female. He followed them with wide eyes and paused when they arrived at a tall grave that had a name and date along with a sentence carved into it.

The spirit watched how she closed the umbrella and sat on her legs, the only thing that had kept her dry was next to her and they watched how she placed the banquet of black lilies in the tombstone-like grave. The ash-blonde felt his throat clench as he read the words on the gravestone; 'Kurosawa Isao. 20xx-20xx. 'In the end, we'll all become stories.'' Her voice was soft and gentle as she spoke in hushed tones, yet they could hear her loud and clear, "To be with you for one day more would make my life complete, yet, I know that my deepest desire won't come true. From the deepest depth of my heart, I wish that it did but one must look at reality instead of fantasizing a life with you." The spirit had a heartbroken smile on his face as he hugged her seated figure, he knew that if he was careful, he would've been by her side until this day.

The ash-blonde hid behind a pillar as he heard a soft hum from her, but, a distant voice harmonized with her. The pouring rain started to pour harder and louder, almost drowning out the soft singing yet it made him feel like he was listening to a forbidden song that only a pair of lovers know. Soon, the spirit disappeared into the unknown and she got up from the ground while picking up the umbrella. "I know that you're here," She stated without looking at his frozen figure behind the pillar, his heart was thumping in his ears as he tried to hide the fact that he was founded. Slowly, she turned around as she continued to speak while holding the open umbrella over her head, "Boy, there is no need to hide from me, for I don't mean any harm."

Hesitantly, he walked from behind the pillar and a scowl was on his face yet fear was pumping through his body when he saw her eyes peak from underneath the umbrella. "Ah," She started as a faint smile appeared on her face and her legs took her towards him, "I stand correct. I was being followed by the one who has been harsh to my dear friend. What has caught your interest in me to follow me to a peaceful site where my deceased husband lays?" He didn't answer as he continued to stare at her figure that stopped in front of him. His breath hitched as she held the umbrella over them and stated as she gave him the umbrella before walking away in silence, "Well, I must be off. Don't get a cold from this weather, boy." When she was about to turn the corner, his voice stopped her in her tracks and a sly smirk appeared on her lips when she realized that her methods worked on him, "Oi, hag. I won't tell anyone what happened here today."

Her smirk fell from her lips when she heard his words and as she turned around to look at him with confused eyes, she was taken back when his hand gripped her throat as he hissed, "But if I do that, you owe me a fucking favor." She clawed at his wrist as she glared at him with her dull eyes and he returned the look as he added while pulling her closer to him, "I'm Bakugo Katsuki, don't forget that name, hag." She croaked out as her canines showed as the rain poured onto her face, causing a weird feeling to bubble inside of his chest, "You interest me too much to forget. I have heard a lot about you and it got me curious about your behavior." Unnoticeable, his grip got tighter as she questioned with a dark expression along with a wide smirk when she saw that she hit the nail on the head by his angered expression, "You've built this wall of wire and brick around you because you're scared that your childhood friend can exceed in the future in some manner, right?"

His hands started to grow warm as a scowl was on his face and he growled out when her expression didn't change, "You bitch." Slowly, she tilts her head at him as her expression changed into a friendly one, her voice was velvety as she spoke, "So I was right. Wonderful." He was taken back when her figure disappeared into black smoke and saw her reappear on the pillar with the umbrella that she snatched from him, she had it over her head and her dull eyes were outlined with red as golden markings swam across her exposed skin. "Bakugo Katsuki," She said with her lips in a thin line and he clenched his hands in rage as he stared at her figure, "Boy, you have some nerve to threaten me with such naiveness. I have received better threats than that, but, you're only a child, after all, one who's mind revolves around himself."

He stepped forward as his eyes flashed with rage and she added before disappearing a pile of smoke, her dark chuckles filled the area which made him shiver, "I won't be surprised if you get broken by a simple incident in the future because of your pride." He looked at his feet as he trembled with anger and fear, millions of thoughts were running through his mind as he tried to figure out how she could see through him in seconds. Meanwhile, she was humming a random tune as she walked home with the umbrella protecting her from the sky's tears.

They both got something from their encounter...