Pained Hearts

An- My artwork of Izuyuki.

====

A little girl shivered, frightened under the man crescent grins looking down her. Feeling the hairs of her skin crawl with fear, afraid and alone in this darkness that only had mocking grins as her source of light. It was maddening when the only these grins mocked her, attempting to drive her insane as she muttered lowly under her raspy breath, "I'm not a monster..."

Y e s,   y o u  a r e.

Clamping her small hands over her ears to block them out, "I'm not a monster..." But those grins broadened, finding her curled little body enjoyable as she tried to block the voices now in her mind. Suddenly, those grins were the children of Magnolia, smirking at the little girl with high laughter while little pointed fingers towards the frightened girl.

Y o u   a r e.

Shaking her head as the tears behind her eyes bubbled, denying them with every fiber of her cells. Even when her once pure white hair slowly became tainted in pink, almost implying her to be impure of some sort of sins. A past unknown and blurred with mysterious that she nor her brother could ever reveal without clues to lead them of their identity. Only knowing that they're anomalies born in this world that wishes them harm. Now, more than ever, it resents the little girl to the point of driving her to tearful madness. Tears spilling down her cheeks, wanting the children turned adults, one of them being Val and the other being Hecate. Both mother and child looking down the little girl with soulless eyes, judging the little child that's daughter to powerful dragons. Witnessing the pale skin bruise with color, as they whimpered in their trembling voice, "I'm not a monster..."

O f   c o u r s e   y o u  a r e.

Digging her nails into her own skin, hoping the pain will block out the voices. "I'm not a monster!" Crimson red hues snapped open, dilated from the sight laid before her feet. Sharply sucking in air, yet the oxygen seemed to burn her throat. Her lungs constricting at such gruesome image, as the blood tainted her feet pads. She wanted to run, but her body wouldn't move, forcing her to take in the image of the two bodies. Trembling at the sight of their own blood be soaked up by their green and blonde hair. Eyes hollow from the lack of life, soulless. It shook the child to the core to the point she reverted back to her age, a young woman. Staring down the corpse of the two closest to her, her lover and close friend. One of her quivering hands fell over, splattered into the crimson liquid. But it didn't mattered to her, now when the sight of the two boys bled out of their life essence. Thus, the smiling figures revealed more faces, ones that frightened her. Zeref, the man who haunts her dreams and knew more than he lets up. Acnologia, the man who caused her grief and stolen the breaths of those closes to her, smirked at the sight of her fear.

I n e v i t a b l y,   y o u   a r e,     i n d e e d,   a  m o n s t e r.

"I'm..." Her chattering teeth sharpened, grounding them now to the point it held in the growl vibrating behind her throat. Head snapping up to unleash an inhuman shriek that deepened to a roar, "NOOOOT!!!"

.

.

.

Destiny...the most cruel thing to befall an innocent child...

A girl with long blonde haired that reaches up to her waist hummed a tone, smiling blithely towards the room detaining her father. Her bright baby blue eyes sparkled behind her lenses, gleaming of excitement to see her family. That girl would be Melissa Shield, daughter of the infamous David Shield. Heading down the ward for visitation, unaware of the nurses rushing passed her in a hurry. Until she noticed something zoom passed her peripheral vision, causing her to pause in curiousness. Before freezing up in disbelief at the sight of the once starry night of Japan, now suddenly its heavy and black with thundering storm clouds. Witnessing the clouds light up from the roaring thunders, frightening the blonde from such loud clap. The lights in the building flickered then returned to normal, alarming the staff in the building to act for the coming storm. However, Melisa couldn't help but sense somewhat of dread. These storm clouds just made her only uneasy, "What...what's going on out there?" Unaware that center of Tokyo is taking place the most furious battle anyone has ever seen before.