Broken Vow: Goodbye My Tender Light

An- My artwork of Koyuki and Izuku... 

Furthermore...THIS CHAPTER RUINED ME!! You think previous chapter were enough heartbreak and angst... I'm going to be honest and say I became emotional writing this specific chapter and has been in the making for months! God, I was teary eye. My emotions, heart, and soul themselves yeeted out... You know what? I'm going to yeet myself out too!

=====

Izuku stood frozen in his spot, gaping the man before him who proclaimed who he is. "You're...me?"

Tensing when their hand reached into their jacket, Midoriya didn't lax when they pulled out an old and matted All Might wallet with his picture ID. Izuku instinctively hovered over his pocket where his wallet lay. Shakenly gulping in seeing his picture ID, seeing scratches from age and a bit of dirt as well. Finally, they spoke up after minutes of silence, "Green hair and freckled cheeks. Last name Midoriya, first name Izuku. Is it not obvious." Scoffing, at the younger teen's doubting.

Flinching at the man's sarcastic tone. "How does that prove--"

"My Fairy."

Becoming rigid upon hearing that, emeralds dilating, practically shell-shocked. "Wha-What?" He's never told anyone not even All Might what his form of endearment for Koyuki. Feeling chills and goosebumps going down his skins what they spoke, "What we call Koyuki after discovering our love for her: My Fairy." Snapping their finger, pointing to stop them whatever else they were about to say, "And don't ask if I'm using a Quirk to mind read... Oh?" Suddenly seeing their forefinger disappearing. Sighing in discontent, "Times getting short." Once the man- Deku as he'll address him- met eyes with his younger self, they gawked at the sight of the hand.

"Me...in the future. Here?" As amazing it was for Izuku to see his future-self here, it didn't quite explain as to why they were here. "Um...why are you here than?" A sudden thought, an excited one if the man was here, maybe he could cheat a bit and ask of their outcome in their timeline. "Ah--"

"You're going to ask about our future, huh?" The shivers returned. Not just from the coldness behind their tone, but the iciness behind their dull jade's. Feeling awfully small from being under the gaze of his future-self. It felt strange, to be feel so insignificantly small under Deku's gaze.

Looking away before shakenly glancing up for his emeralds to meet jade, "I...was wonder if I became the hero we hoped--"

Slouching, almost making his form smaller when he heard Deku's suddenly chuckle. His chuckling becoming gruff laughter, cupping the left side of his face, where his eyepatch lied, in attempt to calm their laughter. Calming, slowly, before suddenly and harshly grinding their jaw. Jade's snapping and met nervous emeralds, on edge with the man's unhinged attitude. "You think you know what it takes to be a hero. Ha!! That's a laugh!"

Hearing this from the future itself was like listening to a nightmare coming to alive, but he couldn't wrap his mind around this and why? Why this man, who is he- Midoriya Izuku- seemed undoubtedly harsh and cold towards himself. "Why are you like this! Didn't I-- we-- strive to be the hero we wanted to be?!" Not backing down his demand nor when Deku's jade's burned with fury fires.

"The moment Koyuki died, I lost that childish mentality!!" Realization struck him, backing up as if the words forced him back. His face showed pain then morphed back to indifference. However, Izuku heard it all clearly.

His heart paused in shock to what the man declared, "Wh-what did you say..."

"Nothing--"

"NO!" They couldn't just drop it as if nothing, but Izuku neither wanted to accept this if it were some horrible joke. "You said Koyuki died!-- In the future, she dies?!"