Cosmos Flower

An- My artwork of Hana.

====

Round magenta eyes looked out to the vast gardens of lilies, cosmos flowers, stargazers, and spider lilies. Although round and innocent as they seem, their frown couldn't remain hidden to all that bears witness. As they watched the flowers quiver from the agitated winds, but remained firm in the earth they rest in, denying the winds from yielding. Thus the child pouted in annoyance, revealing to be they that conjured such element of power.

"Hana." Perking up the sound of voice behind her, shifting her attention towards the figure behind. A woman with long hot pink flowing hair reached the smooth cherry wood planks beneath their dainty feet. Shadowed by their long pale blue gowned kimono, skimmed around diligently without stepping on their dress. Their gentle smile beaming down to the curious magenta haired child that looked up to the woman with their matching pinkish eyes. Lowering herself to sit on their cushion, situating themselves comfortably, while holding up their arms carefully. Beaconing the girl over with their welcoming smile, "Come here, my cosmos flower." Though the child bore an impassive frown on their lips with an downside 'V' lips, their eager rush to get over towards the woman didn't hide their glee. Almost crashing into the woman, but quickly composed their excitement in before doing so. Cuddling close in their embrace, enjoying the thin fingers racking through the child's bob hair. Sighing to herself, the tension she felt outside was now gone. Until she flinched once the woman spoke up once again, "What troubles you?"

Hiding her face into their kimono, blushing in embarrassment and shame strangely enough. Knowing that this is her mother and may hold the same feeling of disappointment as her paternal figure for what she has attempted to do. "I wanted to wield Sora and Umi, but Father caught me before I could remove them from their pedestal." Her family's sacred treasures and as well weapons used for battles back in the time of their ancestors' roamed.

"I see..." It stunned the woman momentarily that her daughter wanted to wield their sacred weapons already. Of course it must be children's curiosity peaking for Hana. Unlike her father, her mother grinned to such story from her daughter. Hugging her child close to her bosom, allowing Hana to hear her mother's gentle heartbeat against her ear. "They're very important to your parents, you know." Loosening her hold on the young girl as to allow her to meet her mother's kind eyes, "Remember the story?"

"Yes, Mother." Straightening her back, squaring her shoulders into attention and along her frowns knitting deeply in seriousness. "Two once enemy families ended the feud by betrothing their children."

"That's right." Nodding, confirming her serious daughter's answer. Smiling to a distant memory of her youthful days with her clan and family, "I, the youngest daughter of the Sky clan and wielder of Sora, wedded the eldest son of the Sea clan and wielder of Umi." Her husband, a serious man but a gentle soul, the very personality their daughter inherited from- something he's so proud of even if he'll never admit it out loud, although his emotions betray him- a proud man and father. A free spirited woman as well clan and stern man as well family. Something seemingly impossible for the two to come together due to pride the clans felt, the skies battling the seas.
Fluttering her eyes shut, her gentle smile remaining from those sweet and exciting days of sneaking behind their families backs to meet their secret meeting spot. "Although many disapproved the marriage it did, indeed, end the feud."

"Oh..." Hana only listened diligently, as serious she may seemed, she was eager to hear more of those stories before her birth. Stories of her parents romantic affairs and her grandparents feuds against the other.

"However..." Perking up in excitement to hear that 'however,' awaiting what could it be that changed. Sensing her child's eagerness, the woman met her child's stare, seeing such large round eyes staring up to her. Smiling at the thought of her husband doting his daughter after seeing such look. Playing her child's lock with maternal love, "It wasn't the marriage that ceased this needless battle."