Spiraling into Madness

An- My artwork of the inevitable.

Furthermore, there is a minor character that's canon, but they're in the light novel if anyone's wondering. Highly recommend reading the books.

====

Darkness. Nothing but the murky color filled the ghastly void, yet noises filled the space of darkness. Incoherent and muddled to the point it brought a skull splitting migraine to the individual. Slowly did the void begun to be filled with color. At first, it was smudge against the dark colors, becoming a grossly color of yellow, almost moss. Ever so slowly did the yellow fill itself out with its namesake, yet another accompanied said color with crimson and red-orange. The background noises became more prominent to the point it made itself well known the person. Realizing that those buzz filling the air was screams and crackling fires. Waking the person's out of their unconscious spell.

Hana groaned in discomfort, attempting to flutter her eyes open with difficulty but prevailed in sheer will. She only snapped awake when her hearing finally grasped onto another's voice attempting to snap her awake, "Hana-chan! Hana-chan!"

Blinking away the haze, tilting her head back to come to realize that the person was none other than Sero. Who cradled her crumbled form against his form, shielding her from the rubble around them. Seemingly stunned to see him so close, "Han...ta...?" Now completely conscious once she noticed the dust and wounds coating around his body, consuming her with worry as to why he was in such state till she looked around her surrounding. The once jolly arcade room is now in shambles, its walls toppled over or barely holding up the building itself. Many of the video games crushed by the walls and completely destroyed by the rumble. The people enjoying the games were either lying on the ground unconscious or hissing in pain against the floors. Few tended their friends, clearly panicked for the others wounds. Hana only remembered enjoying herself with Hanta, both attempting to win some plushies from the cranes. All was wonderful, giggling when Sero cursed angrily when the plush fell over and attempted a second time to win then suddenly a crash until suddenly darkness. Quickly, those missing puzzle pieces pieced themselves to create a larger picture, something caused this amount of destruction.

"Thank God..." Relieved that Evergarden had regained consciousness, Hanta carefully helped the wizard back up. Not wanting to agitate the wound she received on the back of her head. Honestly, Sero panicked when Hana took the full hit, later falling unconscious. He just about thought she died upon impact. Grateful that she actually survived and only took a wound on the backside of her head. Looking around, he wondered if everyone faired well, praying his friends are safe.

"What...happened?"

"The building is crumbling in, but managed to survive." Barely, from the looks of it, anymore trauma and the whole six floor building is ready to tumble down.

Just seeing the nervous look on Sero, the mage quickly remembered they weren't the only ones whom chose to visit this building. Paling at the prospect of the rests and their safety, "Where is...everyone?"

"Hana-chan!" Said mage flinched straight from the voice, both she and Sero snapped to the direction of the voice, seeing a dirtied pink with white polka doted poncho and white skinny jeans with matching Ugg's boots rush their way, accompanied by Ojiro behind the floating clothes. Crawling carefully beneath the caved ceiling to get to the two, the invisible girl sighing in relief, "You're finally awake!"

From assessing Hagakure's words, Evergarden must've been out quite a while. "Toru. Mashirao." Feeling albeit relieved that one of their companions are well, "Thank goodness you're both okay."

"Likewise, Evergarden-san." Ojiro nodded to the magenta haired mage then turned to Sero, "Iida, Tokoyami, Kaminari, and Mineta are still downstairs with that mother and her child." Then glanced up the ceiling, "Mezo, Aoyama, Koda, Sato are with the girls."