A Blooming Bond

An- My artwork of Koyuki and Eri.

==========

"Hi Eri!"

Eri sat in her bed openly stunned at the sight of the young woman entering through the window, as if trespassing through a patient's room was legal. Wearing a teal T-shirt that held an inscription that said "Ohana" with leaves that seem to be the shape of a palm tree. Red trunks with white matching palm tree leaves along with white sandals. Recognizing them being apart of the rescue and fought along side the greenette who protected her from the final events. As the pink-silver haired woman cheerily waved to the small child in bed. Having only seen the little girl during the raid, Koyuki was surprised to see that the hospital had the poor child cleaned up. Their white, and once, disarray hair was now washed and brushed properly. The bandages wrapped around their body now removed to reveal their scars through the years of experiments. Although the Dragneel felt a bubbling anger for Chisaki and those who continuously inflicted such sinful pain on this poor girl; but was thankful she's now in protected hands. Eri didn't seem to know what to say to the Dragon Slayer. She didn't have any visitors, besides the dark haired man, the doctors or nurses; yet here was this heroine coming through window nonchalantly.

"You're the miss who fought with mister." Shuffling herself out of the bedcovers and sat on her legs. At first excited to reunite with one of her heroes, but another emotion brewed in her little heart. Glancing away, a bit ashamed of herself, "You and mister got hurt saving me, as well the others apart of it..."

Bewildered at first at Eri's open shame from past events. Seeing the sadness and self-blame in the child's tone and aura, Koyuki could only smile sadly. Shaking off the heavy tone by leaning in close and suddenly booping the child's forehead, causing them to jump back in shock with ruby's exploded wide at such act, gawking at the mage before her.

"Now don't blame yourself for injuries that you didn't cause. I'm a magnet for trouble and bound to go all out in fights." Grinning to herself upon seeing the child's confused frown on their youthful features, "Ask mister Aizawa or doctors. They'll tell ya how prone I am." If hospitals are able to keep in track of her many encounters, they're likely to look at her and question if she needed help. By help, she meant therapy. No one was sane enough to act normal with the many death encounters. Thankfully, they've yet to know of her adventures in Earthland then they'll just wave it off or start looking flights for a vacation.

"...oh..." Although young, Eri knew that wasn't something to be proud of, yet remained silent. Oddly sensing they weren't wrong. Playing with the covers cloth, seeming nervous all of a sudden. Sensing the growing awkwardness in the air, Koyuki wracked through her brain to come up with a way to converse more with the child, without getting them more nervous. Grinning cheek to cheek at one particular idea to ease the pale haired child before them.

"What kind of snacks do you like, Eri?" Flinching slightly at the question. Meeting the young woman's dark orbs, they held no sign of malicious intent nor jest. Waiting patiently for her response.

"Umm..." Koyuki watched Eri's ruby eyes glance around, almost scanning within her memories for such answer. The young mage almost giggled at such concentration on the child's face, until meeting her gaze once more, "Apples."

"Apples?" Hoping they elaborate, while maintaining her encouraging grin towards Eri, seeing that the child flushed slightly. "The nurses bring me sliced apples... I like apples. They taste sweet."

"Nothings wrong with that, sweetie. Apples are great!" Tapping her chin, speaking out loud, "In fact, this is a perfect reason to bring you something." But quickly waved it off, returning her attention to the little girl. "So how have you been, Eri? Are the people here treating you nice?"