Raid and Rescue: Demons amongst Humen

An- Artwork by Aenn.

----

The unsettling darkness within the room was only partially lit by a yellow light source from her direction. Shining directly onto the figure before her vision. Stunned at the sight of another face outside of the tube she's trapped in, Koyuki practically gasped in water due to her shock. Cringing at the rancid taste of substance she just inhaled. In an instant, Koyuki smashed through the glass tube into pieces. Collapsing onto the cold concrete ground beneath, coughing out the yellow substance in her lungs in disgust. Spitting out the vile taste of chemicals and other substance. Wretching in disgust that she inhaled such liquids. Panting, calming her breathing.

Her body becoming rigid at the boot before her vision, snapping up to the person above. Narrowing at their smug smirk that's clearly directed down towards her pitiful form. "Ah~ The young premature fetus has stepped into the world, yet incomplete." Sighing in deep discontent, even though they shook their head, oh so, sadly at the failed experiment. "How disappointing." Glaring harshly at their playful, yet smug, words. Not quite liking to the blatant smugness the man held. Even with the attitude they held, she was lost what stranger's wording. What did he mean?

What ever he meant, she couldn't excuse the fact this man is part of the dark guild, Helios. Swiping at them and only for the strange figure to leap back from her swift attack. Standing now, the silverette felt irked at their continuous smug look they still hold on their lips. Hardening her will to fight against this wizard, she knew she must fight them herself. There was a certain feel of magic this person held that she and Shira felt back when they first entered the underground entrance. Hands freezing over with her Ice Dragon Slayer magic, "Why you--" A sudden sharp pain shot through her chest and as well the tighten sensation on her face. Like the sensation of veins pulsing on her cheeks. And indeed, dark veins pulsated like a heartbeat.

Seeing the dark veins, or the vines from the experiment, the man smirked darkly. So their efforts weren't for naught. Wagging his finger's towards the Dragneel like she were a foolish child, "Ah, ah, ah!" The man's curled lips revealed sharp fangs, almost menacing, "Don't wanna strain your new feet-- well, crippled, I'd say. You're not quite failed but neither a successful experiment either. How is it that it is expected?" Koyuki could practically hear the laughter in their voice, shakenly gazing up with heat in her eyes. Glaring in annoyance to their laughter at her pain, but bits of confusion was in her azures. However, she became noticed his sudden muttering; it's as if he quickly neglected her presence or found her not much of a threat, "Lady Sunny would be very disappointed at the results, although not much of a fail. But she wouldn't be to fond, indeed." Exhaling out a chuckle, "Haah...bummer." Until their lips curled into a much diabolic grin, "Maybe the others would have faired better in this experiment..."

Grasping her chest, the twisting sensation burned in her chest. Trembling under the great influence of pain. But even with the pain, Koyuki's glare darkened menacingly at their statement. That trap was clearly meant for her, but if she avoided it would have faired worse for the others--specifically if Mirio fell into their trap. What would've happened to him? Would he suffer this pain too?

The pulsating dark roots on her face slowly calmed, which the pain ceased as well. Moreover, even if the pain passed, Koyuki couldn't see how it affected her. Her nostril slowly bleed black substance. Quickly noticing the smell of metallic, she wiped it off behind her hand and saw the liquid. Freezing to see that the black substance was none other than her own blood. Snapping up in panic towards the man once he spoke up once more, "Amazing, isn't it. The demons roots can convert normal human blood into that of a demon." Keeping their dark grin on the moment the silverette's face paled in horror, "Imagine those affects or reactions on a Quirk user. What are the outcomes?"