You/Melissa Benoist - Convention

Summary: You meet her at the convention

You've never been a fan of conventions. Mainly because things would get too crazy but you figured you could deal with that craziness to be able to meet Melissa. Ever since she had come out in Supergirl, you've had a minor crush on her.

The day of the convention had finally come and you were a mess. You weren't even sure what to wear. You had gotten a costume of your favorite video game but figured it was too childish. With time running out, you ended up wearing it. It was a bit uncomfortable as you weren't used to wearing something revealing but you pushed through.

You gave your ticket to the guy at the main entrance and walked in. It was like nothing you had ever experience. Suddenly, you felt silly for being uncomfortable about your costume. There were tons of others that looked much more revealing and you felt better about yourself.

You spent a long time walking around the small stands to see what interested you before you had to get in line for the autograph session that Melissa had.

"Hey, you're dressed up as (costume)! I love it. I've hardly seen anyone with it."

You blushed at their compliment.

"Thanks. I wasn't going to wear it as it was a little to revealing but it doesn't bother me anymore."

The person under the mask, hadn't taken it off but you figured it had to be a girl.

"Well you certainly look good in the costume. I have to go. It was lovely talking to you."

They rushed off before you had a chance to talk.

You were nervous about meeting her, you kept hyping yourself up, telling yourself to just tell her how amazing she was and that you loved her acting. Things had not gone according to plan.

"Hey! Lovely to meet you. I'm Melissa."

She held out her hand and you shook hers. That had been the only thing that had gone correctly. You tried getting a word out but was too nervous to say anything.

"It says here that your name is (y/n). Lovely name."

She didn't say anything as she signed her picture, blocking out what she had written and then standing up to hug you.

"It's okay. No need to be so nervous."

She whispered by your ear. With a bright smile, she handed you the picture and the next person had been called.

You rushed to the nearest restroom, noticing how red you had gotten. The water that you had splashed on your face did not help but it did make you realize how dumb you must have looked. After calming yourself down, you finally look down at her picture to see what she had written.

'(Costume), lovely to see you again. Maybe we can meet up sometime before the con ends. You're really cute, especially when you got all nervous around me. Love, Melissa Benoist.'

Under the note, she had written down her number. You almost didn't believe it was real until you saw her signature. Not wanting to take any chances of losing it or something, you took a quick picture and saved her number.

It took you a whole other day to finally get the courage to call her.

"Hello?"

"H..hi, this is (y/n)"

"(Costume)! I was beginning to think that U had scared you off."

The two of you continued on to a conversation about what had happened the previous day.

"I would love to see you again before I leave. I need to leave but please send me a time and place to meet up. I'll see you soon, (y/n)."

You said your goodbye and hung up. You took a couple of minutes to send her the details as you were still in shock of what was happening.

'See you soon ;)'