Luke

You and Luke had been together for 4 years now. You are going to visit him today since you haven't seen him for a hell of a damn week. You knocked on the door, expecting Luke to open it but he didn't, Ashton opened it instead. 

"Y/n! Hey. It's nice to see you again." He said. 

"Nice to see you again too Ash. Where's Luke?" You said. 

"Ashton? Who's that?" You heard a familiar voice called and then Michael and Calum walked up right beside Ashton. "Y/n? What are you doing here?" Michael asked looking really surprised. 

"I'm here to see Luke. Where is he?" You said. 

"Sh-should we tell her?" Ashton asked Michael and Calum. 

"Tell me what?" You said feeling nervous. They just stared at you hesitating to tell you the truth. "TELL ME WHAT GUYS!?" You shouted. 

"Luke..." Michael started. "I guess we should let Luke tell her." Calum said. "Go upstairs to Luke's room.. I think he's awake."

"Thank you." You said as you ran upstairs towards Luke's room feeling really worried about him. He's not doing good since last last week and you've been asking him if he's alright but he just tells you the same thing over and over again, "I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

You reached Luke's room, you took a deep breath and without even bothering to knock on the door, you opened it slowly. Your mouth dropped in shock as you saw luke lying on his bed with all those hospital things on him. He was too busy staring outside the window so he didn't noticed you. But you noticed the photo on his hand. It was Luke's favorite photo of you he took from your Polaroid. He stole it from you but you let him keep it. 

"Luke?" You said holding back your tears. 

"Y/n?! Why are you here?" Luke said. "Luke.. What's.. This?" You said staring down at his concerned blue eyes. He sat on his bed and you sat beside him. 

"Y/n, I wasn't able to see you this week because I was at the hospital.." Luke explained looking down at your photo. 

"The hospital? For what?" 

"Y/n... I've been diagnosed with cancer stage 4."

"What?!" You said as you burst into tears. 

"Y/n please. I'm sorry." Luke said. "I was just about to break up with you."

"You're going to break up with me? Luke, I don't understand." You said as you buried your face into your hands sobbing. 

Luke hugged you tightly, rubbing your hair and said "It's going to be hard for the both of us. It's going to be harder for you. I'm going to die. The doctor said I only have 4 months to live. I can't even enjoy the rest of my life because I'm weak af. I can't even be with you to make myself feel better because I don't want you to see me like this and I don't want to see you cry because of me. At least you would find somebody else healthier than me, better than me, and wouldn't make you cry because of some stupid shit. You deserve better y/n"

"We could've fought this together."

"Y/n, you've helped me through a lot. You've done enough." Luke said as he is crying too. "But now, I'm breaking up with you."

"Luke.. No. Please. I won't break up with you." You said holding his Hand. "We promised! We won't let each other go no matter what happens."

"I have to let you go." Luke said. "Please. Do me one last favor and break up with me. Promise me that you won't see me again and that you will be fine and happy without me."

"NO!" 

"Fine." Luke said as he took a deep breath and cried even harder. "I'm breaking up with you. I don't want to see you again." his voice cracks. 

You cried even harder because you never wanted to let him go. He's all you could ever wish for. Without even noticing it, you nodded, accepting all the pain as it stabs you little by little.

Luke smiled. "Go find a better guy."

"No one will be even better than you. You're the best." You said. 

"Calum. Calum likes you. I know he's your best friend and it wouldn't be hard for the two of you to get along. He'll take care of you." He said as he lays back down to his bed. 

You ran your fingers to his hair and kissed him on the cheek. 

Luke smiled. "Can you do me another favor?"

"Anything." 

"Will you smile for me?"

You smiled. "I love you Luke."

Luke laughed "I love you too babe. I think I have to go to sleep. I'll always be right beside you wherever you are. Can you bury me with this picture?" Luke said as he shows you your photo and another photo that was hidden behind it the whole time. It was the photo when you two are stuck at the very top of the Ferris wheel since there are some problems occurred about the ride. It was also his favorite photo. "Keep smiling okay? I love you so much. I'll miss you and I hope you won't forget m-"

You stared at the picture while his unconscious body is right beside you. This was the end. The end of you and Luke. The end of 5 Seconds of Summer. The end of Luke Hemmings. The end of your world and your life.