Jason Imagine

this is for @ellasfood
I hope you like it! I love that people are requesting imagines because it's interesting to see what kind of things you want🌻

"Jason, calm down they are going to love you." you reassure Jason, brushing a strand of loose hair away from his face. He sighs and plays with your fingers.

"But Ella, what if they don't?" he asks, nervousness clear within his voice. Jason was adamant in your parents liking him which isn't going to be hard. You love him, why wouldn't they? "You know, t-they know about my drinking!" he exclaims, sitting upright.

You sit up with him and wrap your arms around his waist and whisper into his ear.

"Jason, calm down. They do know about your drinking but it won't matter. You're not drinking now are you? No, so chill." You can feel his body relax and you kiss his forehead. "Come on, let's go to dinner." you tell him while taking his hand and leading him downstairs to your kitchen.

You have to admit, you're just as about as nervous as he is, if not worse, you're just better at hiding it. You can hear the sounds of dishes clanking and silverware being set. Jason trails behind you, holding your hand tightly when you enter the kitchen.

"Dinner ready?" you ask, trying to control the shakiness of your voice. Your dad looks to you while setting out the meal he has made and nods. You sit down next to Jason and he has to sit right across from your father, who is not letting his guard down.

Jason clears his throat and talks. "Good evening sir." Your dad just nods in response. You begin eating in small amounts, too nervous to eat a lot.

"Want some wine Jason?" you dad asks, sliding a glass over to Jason. You drop your fork and sigh in frustration. Obviously your dad would do this. All you want is a nice, calm dinner but no, that can't happen.

"Dad, really?" you seethe. He nods and pushes the glass back towards him. Meanwhile, your sister, Alea is sending Jason smirks from across the table. She's always had a crush on him but she's about a year younger than you. You glare at her and she looks down at her food.

"So Jason, Mr. Hastings has told me some things about you," your dad starts. "Are they true?" he adds. You roll your eyes and just accept the fact that this dinner is going to go to shit.

"Depends, what did he say?" Jason asks.

"Just stuff about you drinking and partying." You tense up and you can tell Jason has also.

"Well, I did used to party and I had drinking problems but with all due respect sir, I don't do that anymore." Jason explains. Your dads eyes widen slightly and you know he's mad.

"Jason-" he starts in a stern tone.

"Daddy, I can take him home if you want?" your sister proposes while looking over at Jason and winking.

"Alea!" you shriek.

"Okay, you know what? This is it. We're going," you start while standing up and grabbing Jasons hand. "This dinner was for you to get to know Jason, not criticize him about his past! Come on let's go."

You lead Jason out of your house and to his car where you bury your face into your hands, your brown hair falling around your shoulders. He rubs your back soothingly and starts the car. "I'm so sorry." you apologize slowly.

"It's fine." he says while turning onto a new street. "I was expecting the worst." he laughs. Jason always has the capability of making a shit situation, just a little better. He can find the silver lining.

"No, it's not. My dad was being a total dick to you. You deserve better than that." you explain while sitting up and looking at him.

"There's nothing better than you Ella. I don't care about how bad your dad treats me or the fact that your sister likes me," he laughs. "I'll go through it all just to be with you. You're worth everything. I love you so much."

You smile and kiss him, letting him place his hand on the side of your cheek.

"I love you more." you tell him.