Break Up's

Jason- The rain padded against your car as you drove over to Ali's house to meet with Jason. Tears streaked down your cheeks as your hands gripped the steering wheel tightly. You knew if you kept driving this fast, there's a good chance you would crash especially since it was pouring down rain.

You racked your mind for words that you would tell Jason. Your nerves were definitely getting the best of you. Your clothes were soaked and so was your hair and you look a mess but it doesn't matter right now.

You pull in to Jason's driveway and run up the the door.

Knock Knock

Ali opens the door and she has no idea what's going on so she smirks and you can tell she's about to make a smartass comment. "Not now Ali." you mumble angrily. She looks hurt and you push past her up to Jason's room.

He's sitting on his bed with his head resting in his hands. You hated this. You absolutely hated that this is what you relationship has resulted in. You examine the bruises on his knuckles and you find yourself close to tears. Slowly, you walk over and sit next to him on the bed. He looks up and his eyes are bloodshot. The one thing you are happy about, out of this whole situation is although he got into a fight and you are here breaking up with him, he hasn't drank at all.

"I know there's nothing that I can say to make this better," he starts. His voice is so hoarse and every word he speaks, his voice cracks from the cries that are threatening to erupt from his throat. "But I am so sorry." You look away from him so he can't see the years that are now falling from your eyes.

"I know Jason. But..I can't do this anymore." you say. It hurts you to say that. It hurts you more than he'll ever be able to comprehend. He sighs and looks up at you. "You think I want this? Cause I don't, but sometimes you have to take care of yourself and that's what I need to do right now. So do you."

"So this is it?" he asks. You don't want to answer him, you can't. He takes the silence as a yes. "I love you." he whines.

"I love you too. You know that." you grab his injured hands and hold them. "I want you to take care of yourself Jason. Please do that for me."

Every word hurts more than the one before it. Of course you didn't want to break up with him but you need to.

"I will Y/N. I promise." he says while hugging you. You bury your head in the crook of his neck for the last time. You inhale his scent and pray you'll remember it. You take this time to ingrain in your mind what it feels like to have his arms around your waist and the way his hair tickles your cheek or the way he rubs your back with his finger.

"Bye Jason. Please stay safe." you whisper into his ear. You release from the hug and stand up. You're walking away from the boy you've loved for as long as you can remember, you're walking away from everything you've ever known.

Mike- Your heart aches. This is the worst and complete lowest you've ever felt. College was approaching a lot faster than you would like it to. You're leaving tomorrow. This is when you're supposed to be feeling on top of the world but instead you feel smaller than ever.

To save each other from long distance trips and everything you and Mike have decided to break up. Your college was about 10 hours away from Mike. You don't want to do this, neither does he but a lot of the times, long distance relationships never work out.

You were meeting Mike at the park. This is where you guys went on your first date. It wasn't supposed to be there but the restaurant you two were going to was closed. It was amazing. You two just sat and talked and kissed for the first time. You get to the park and see Mike sitting on the swing. He spots you and shoots you a sad smile.

You park the car and walk over to the swings, taking a sat next to Mike. You look over at him and you can tell he's crying. You've only seen him cry twice in the 4 years you've been together. Once when you were in the hospital and now.

"Don't cry." you whisper with a smile. He laughs nervously and kicks a stone in the ground.

"I'm trying." he says.

"You know this is what we have to do," you start while your voice cracks. "Right?" You're trying to convince yourself that this relationship will work even with 10 hours in between you.

"Yeah, I hate it, but yeah." he sighs. He sounds so tired and sad. It's like the tone of his voice has suddenly shifted. His knuckles that are gripped onto the swing are white because he's holding them so tight.

"Y/N, you know I love you right?" he asks. You nod. "I'll never stop." he states while looking straight forward. Hearing him say this is validating the fact that you two probably won't see each other again. Ever.

"I love you too." you whisper. He stretches hand over to you and rubs his thumb over top of yours. "I don't wanna leave you." you cry.

"Baby." he mumbles while standing up and hugging you. "I don't wanna leave you either." You grip onto him for dear life and you know when you let go, you're actually letting go. It will make this whole experience ten times more real.

Eventually and reluctantly, you release and look up at him. "It's late Y/N. We should leave." he says. You nod but before walking to your car and leaving Mike forever, you get up on your tiptoes and whisper into his ear.

"I'm not going to forget you."

He nods and kisses you on the cheek and that was that. It was over. You watched him drive away and it felt like he took your heart with him.

Caleb- "Y/N?" you hear Caleb's voice from downstairs. You were up in your room dreading what was coming next. You knew what was gonna happen. Caleb was going to break your heart.

"Up here." you state. You don't trust your voice that much. He's not breaking up with you because he wants to, he feels like he needs to. You're not sharing enough with him about A.

You see him walk into your room and for the first time that you've seen, he takes his beanie off and sits next to you on the bed. You're trying to keep yourself from crying but it's really hard.

"Do you know why I'm here?" he asks, his voice low. You nod. "I don't want to do this." he says.

"I know." you croak.

"Why can't you just let me in?" he whispers. You shake your head and turn to him.

"It's not safe for you to know the things I do." you tell him. It's true. You can't tell him about A and the threats and the blackmail without putting him into immediate danger.

"But Y/N, I can help you."

"You can't."

"I guess I'm still doing this then." His voice breaks when he sighs. He looks away to stop you from seeing the tears forming in his eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too." you whisper. He grabs your hand and squeezes it. "Please understand why I can't tell you."

"I don't know if I do though." he says.

"Please." you plead while beginning to cry. "Please."

"I love you Y/N." he says while kissing the top of your head.

sorry Calebs sucked
Byeeee