Ezra Imagine

this is for @JessieHarper0
hope you like it!💓

"I'm sorry." you say to Aria as she cries into your shoulder. Ezra had broken up with her and it was up to you to pick up the pieces. This was your job in your group of friends. You were the one who picks up the pieces, the mother of the group basically.

But at the end of the day, there was nobody there for you.

That night you drive over to Ezra's to pick up some things that Aria left there. She was in no state to go and get them so you being the friend you are, volunteered to go. Ezra and you have always had this...connection. It's strange but you're just going to have to deal with it.

You knock on the door, staring down each side of the hallway until the door opens. "Jessie." he states, confused as to why you're here. Your breath hitches in your throat because he doesn't have a shirt on and he has a really nice body.

"Uhm, I just came by to pick some things up for Aria." you tell him. He nods while stepping aside to let you in. "I'm not really sure what she sent me over for but she just told me to get her things so.." you trail off, waiting for Ezra to help you which he doesn't.

"Can I talk to you Jessie?" he asks. You sigh, not trusting him or yourself. You sit down across from him on his couch, trying to avoid contact.

"Jessie, I-"

"You just broke up with my bestfriend okay? I-I can't do this." you whimper. Ezra sighs and looks down at his hands, then back at you.

"I love you Jessie. I know that I dated Aria but the whole time I loved you and I want to be with you. I do."

5 years later

"Ezra stop!" you giggle while squirming out of his grasp. You two were laying on the couch in your shared apartment, Ezra laying on top of you, his chin resting on your stomach.

"I love you so much." he starts. You smile and hide your face while the heat rushes to your cheeks. "You know that right?"

"Yeah, I know. I love you too." you smirk. He clears his throat while teaching down into his pocket and pulling out a small, black box. You know what it is but for some reason, it doesn't process what is happening.

"Jessie, five years ago, my life changed completely because you came into it. Ever since I met you I've been in love with you and I want to continue falling in love with you every day. I don't even know if that's possible but I wanna find out. So, will you marry me?"

A single tear rolls down your face as you nod rapidly. Ezra smiles and gasps slightly but leans up and kisses you. It's full of as much passion and love as the first kiss you two shared.

Later that night, you two lay in bed. The huge diamond ring resting on your finger. His arm was around you as you want place your hand on his chest, feeling his heart beat. "Was it worth it?" he whispers. You hum in response, not knowing what he means.

"Everything that we've been through to get here?"

You think for a moment. All the lies, the sneaking around, the ruined friendships and late nights?

"Every last bit of it."