What Are We?

Jason- "Y/N, seriously stop." Jason laughs while trying to get his phone out of your grasp. You're trying to text a random girl on his contacts just to piss him off.

"No." you smirk. Eventually he snatches the phone away from you and locks it. You're left sprawled out over top of him and for awhile you two just look at each other. You smile softly and roll off of him but stay next to his body.

Surprisingly, it wasn't unusual for you and your bestfriend to have moments like these. You never dated, but you shared kisses. You never have gone on a date, but there's been nights when he's held you close to him and whispered 'I love you' in your ear.

"What are...we?" he asks after a couple minutes of silence. The questions shouldn't take you by surprise but it does. You know what you are. You're bestfriends.

"Bestfriends." you state. He looks over at you with no emotion really. "Bestfriends who have each other's back. Who hold each other when we're sad, who hug and cuddle, who love each other. We're bestfriends Jason." you explain. He smiles and grabs your waist and tickles you.

"I love my bestfriend." he states.

Mike- Mike has been on vacation for 4 weeks and you were waiting for him to come to your house when he gets home. You missed him so much.

Your doorbell rings and you run to the door, almost slipping. You fling the door open and jump into Mike's arms. His hand rests on your lower back and hugs you tightly. "Oh my god! I missed you so much!" you exclaim as he puts you down.

"I missed you a lot more." he sighs. You two stay up late watching movies in your TV room and your snuggled up to his side and his arm is around you. You two have always been close considering you've known each other for about 10 years. You're constantly getting mistook for a couple. You two definitely act like one. It's sort of a unspoken thing, you two don't know how to go about your relationship.

You feel him looking at you so you turn your head up towards him. He looks at you for awhile and then he leans in, pressing his lips against yours. It's not awkward at all, this has happened before. You smile and so does he and you know what's coming next.

"What is this? What are we?" he whispers. You smirk to yourself because it's such a simple answer.

"Whatever you want us to be."

Caleb- After track practice Caleb was waiting for you outside the fence. A grin appears on your face as you sling your bag over your shoulder and go to leave.

"Hey isn't that your boyfriend?" a girl from your team asks.

"Nope. My bestfriend." you state like it should be obvious. She looks confused but walks away. You run up to him and engulf him in a hug. He hugs you back and you two begin walking home.

You stop because Caleb squad your name and you're standing there looking at him confused. "What are we?" he asks simply. You take the question into mind and think about while starting to walk again.

You two have kissed and almost had sex but he's been your bestfriend for 7 years. That's a long time. You never really defined what you two were.

"Why put a label on it?" you start. "Why ruin something perfectly fine?" he laughs and nods and slings his arm around your shoulder.

"We're just..us."

Awh I like this one!