Talking About Leaving

Jason- "Hey, is Ali here?" you ask her older brother, Jason. He was wearing a regular t-shirt with a pair of black joggers. You always though he was cute but never acted on it.

"Uhm, no, but you can come in awhile." he says. You smile and walk in and sit on the couch. You were supposed to be helping Ali with her English homework at 12 but right now it's around 12:20 and you're pretty sure she ditched. Typical Ali behavior.

"Why are you here?" he asks bluntly. You giggle slightly as he shakes his head in embarrassment. "I didn't mean it that way, I just, I-" he stutters.

"Ali wanted me to help her with English and I'm pretty sure she ditched or something." you say with an eye roll.

"I'm not surprised. Sounds just like Ali." he says while sitting down on the couch next to you. After you two get caught up in talking it's around 1.

"What are you doing after this?" he asks, suddenly becoming serious.

"What do you mean?" you ask.

"You know what I mean." he smiles slightly. He's right. You do know what he means.

"I wanna leave." you state truthfully. "I wanna get as far away from Rosewood as I can." Jason nods and scoots closer to you so now your knees are touching.

"I tried to but, you somehow always find yourself back here. Rosewood has a way of pulling you back in." he explains.

"I don't want that to happen to me."

"It won't." he says confidently.

"How do you know?"

"Because, you're strong enough to. You're strong enough to leave this place." he explains.

"You're not?" you ask. He drops his head and shakes it.

"No." You're confused as to why Jason would think that of himself. Even though you've never really had an in depth conversation with him, you can tell he's smart, that he's capable of something.

"Yes you are." you tell him.

"This is probably the longest conversation we've had. How do you know I'm strong?" he asks. You didn't realize how insecure Jason was.

"Because I do." you whisper. A small smile appears on his face and you lean forward and try something you normally wouldn't. You don't know if it's him or your hormones or the atmosphere but you kiss him! And he kisses back!

"Trust me." you say against his lips. He nods and continues to kiss you. He makes you feel as if leaving Rosewood, might actually be difficult because he would still be here.

Mike- "I'm sleepy." you whisper. Mike laughs and plays with your hair. You were laying down on your bed and just talking to each other. It's nice to talk to Mike because theres never pointless conversations. You two can have intellectual conversations and actually talk about stuff that matters.

"Do you ever think about it?" Mike asks.

"About what?" you question while playing with his hand.

"Leaving." Your body stiffens and you are at a loss for words for a moment.

"All the time." you finally answer. "I think about leaving all the time." Your body moves every time Mike's chest raises and falls and you're scared when he doesn't say anything.

"Me too." he says. You turn around and lean on your elbow while looking at Mike. "I think about leaving with you." he adds quietly. You smile and kiss him gently.

"When?" you question.

"As soon as we can." he answers.

"Seriously?" you ask. You know people can talk about it and plan it out but they never act on it.

"Of course. Once were out of highschool, were out of here." he smirks. You giggle and lean up and kiss him. He grabs your waist and squeezes a little earning another laugh from you.

"I wanna leave so bad." you whisper, becoming more serious again. "So much bad shit has happened here and I don't wanna stay for more. You know?"

"Yeah, I get it. There's only one good thing to have come out of this shit town." he starts. You look up at him and furrow your eyebrows in confusion.

"What?" you ask.

"You." he states. You grin and hide your face in his chest while he laughs and hugs you tightly.

Caleb- Caleb watched you from across the yard. He was with Toby and the other guys while you were with the girls. He watches as you throw your head back in laughter. The lights that hang on the porch bounce off of your skin and Caleb just cant help but to be distracted by you while Ezra is trying to tell a story.

"Yeah, I uh-I'll be right back." he stammers while walking over to you.

"I wasn't even done telling the story." Ezra scoffs. Caleb walks up behind you and engulfs you in a hug. You giggle, nearly spilling your drink.

"You looked so beautiful I just had to come over here." he whispers into your ear. All the heat in your body makes its way to your cheeks. "Come on, follow me." he says while grabbing your hand and leading you into the house.

You follow closely behind him and watch as his long, brown hair bounces on his shoulders. He leads you to the couch and you collapse on his lap, playing with his hair. He just stares at you, completely mesmerized.

"What?" you ask playfully.

"I just was watching you and I was just thinking.." he trails off.

"Caleb look, I don't feel like having sex ton-"

"No, no, that's not what I meant." he laughs. "I meant, I can see a future with you baby." You smile softly and maybe its because of the alcohol in your system or you truly love Caleb but you can see a future with him too.

"But I don't see it here, in Rosewood." You agree. Yeah, Rosewood might be where you were born and raised but its not where you have to spend the rest of your life. Its a shit town with some even shittier people.

"I don't either." you state. "I've literally dreamt about leaving Rosewood. Leaving everyone and everything behind." He's playing with your finger and your looking at him. "We were never meant to last in this town."

sorry I'm being such a shit writer and updater. ive been studying for finals but this is my last week on school so yay!