You Wont Open Up

Jason- Jason was never around much when the A stuff was at its peak. You started dating after things died down. He knows bad things happened, he just doesn't know the details and you intend to keep it that way.

Lately you've fallen into a sort of depression, not bad, but still noticeable. You were sitting against the headboard of your bed and Jason was across from you. You were silent, not your usual quiet, but silent. Jason was trying his best to get you to open up, explain the things you've seen and gone through but you don't want to.

"Please baby, just tell me something, anything." he pleads. You stare at him and look down at your hands. It hurts you to put him in this position but so much happened to you it would be too long and tiring to explain.

"I'm fine." you lie. He sighs and scoots closer to you. "Seriously." Your words carry no truth and Jason knows it. He takes your hand in his and pressed his lips to your knuckle, you bite the inside of your lip to stop from crying. He looks up at you with desperation and you can't tell him. Something is just stopping you.

"I wanna help you but I can't when I don't know what's wrong." he explains. You nod slightly and look around the room.

"I just can't right now. I don't wanna go back to that place and what happened. I'm not my best right now but I'll get there." Your voice cracks on the way out and your mouth feels dry and the test sting your eyes.

He scoots even closer and rests his chin on top of your head. His hand rubs your back up and down. You cry silently into his shoulder and you know he doesn't mind. "I'm sorry." you cry. "I'm so sorry."

"No baby, don't apologize. You've got every right to feel this way. When you're ready, we'll talk, only when you're ready." he explains. You nod and bury your face farther into his shoulder.

Mike- "Y/N, what happened?" Mike asks sternly. You two were arguing in your kitchen about what happened between you and your dad. It was terrible and there was no way you were ready to discuss it.

"Nothing." you state while crossing your arms and leaning against the counter. It's not the first time you've been like this. You wouldn't open up, Mike would get upset and then once the night came he would climb into bed and hold you close to him and kiss the back of your neck. His hands would wrap around you and rest on your stomach.

"Y/N, please just tell me what happened. Did he hurt you?" Mike asks. You look down and then back at Mike, shaking your head.

"Nothing happened." you state.

"Y/N, I found you crying on the bathroom floor!" he exclaims. You sigh in annoyance and begin speaking again.

"Yes, something happened but I'm not gonna talk about it alright?" you tell him. Of course you hated keeping things from Mike but this aspect of your life, this shit with your dad, you can't talk to Mike about.

"Why not?" he whispers. You feel the tears coming and you look away from him because you'll definitely cry if you see him.

"I don't want you knowing it. I don't want you knowing the stuff about my dad. He's a dick and it's not important." you admit. Mike sighs and walks towards you. He puts his hands on either side of the counter and puts his face into your shoulder.

"Y/N, please tell me what happens. I don't want him to hurt you and not tell me about it. I love you and I want to keep you safe." he mumbles.

"I know. I'm just not ready yet." you answer.

Caleb- When Caleb begins yelling, you just stare at him. No emotion, no movement, you're just staring. You're not fazed.

"God damnit Y/N just open up to me! Tell me something! Anything!" Caleb shouts.

"I don't wanna talk about what happened Caleb." you mutter. It was terrible and awful and scary and there was no way you would talk about it.

"Y/N! You have to! Whatever happened is hurting you! I saw the bottle of pills on your nightstand." he says. The last sentence he said quietly. Your eyes widen slightly.

"T-those are m-"

"No they're not. They were your mom's sleeping pills. They were specifically prescribed to your mom. Did you take them Y/N?" he explains.

"No! No I didn't." you cry. Caleb sighs and walks over to you. He takes your hands in his and looks at you in your eyes.

"Please don't cry." he whispers against your hands. "Don't cry babe."

You choke down sobs and you begin to hyperventilate.

"You're okay. I'm sorry baby. You don't have to talk about it but please don't do anything." he says referring to harming yourself.

"I won't."

"Just tell me when you're ready."