One of The Girls Dies Pt3

So I haven't updated this certain chapter in awhile and haven't updates on awhile in general, so I apologize. But I hope you are having an amazing week(:

Jason- Today was the day. The day you say goodbye forever to Spencer. Mrs. Hastings asked each of you girls to speak at the funeral. In all honesty, you don't want to. Not because you're afraid of speaking in public, or of messing up the speech but because you don't think you'll be able to make it through without bursting into hysterics.

"Y/N, are you ready?" Hanna asks from your bedroom.

"Almost!" you call to her. "Han, can you check my phone and see if Jason called me?" you ask. You hear a 'mhm' and continue on with your makeup.

"Yeah, he's on his way!" Hanna says.

"Thanks." you smile while walking out of the bathroom. You examine Hanna and her facial expressions. She doesn't have the usual sparkle in her eye. Or the smirk that's always plastered on her face. Or even her body expressions. She's not jittery--well who would be today? But she's not swaying back and forth impatiently on her feet as usual. Seeing Hanna not herself, makes me feel even more uneasy.

"What?" she asks.

"Nothing." you reply lowly. You hear a car door shut and look out the window. "Jason's here with the others." you state. One by one they get out of the car.

Aria. She's wearing a black dress the ends just above her knees. The straps are thick and she has bracelets littering her wrists. Her smile has also shifted into a, what seems like, permanent frown. Her hair is in its usual, straight state.

Emily gets out next. She's wearing a dress that goes to her knees and hugs her tightly. Her hair is in loose curls and she keeps her head down.

Then Jason, he instantly sees you and tries ha best to comfort you by flashing a small, but nonetheless, comforting smile. You smile back. "Hey guys." you say just above a whisper as they all pile into your house. They say Hey back.

"Ready?" you ask.

"Wait." Aria speaks up. Everyone looks over at her. "Before we go, I just uhm, wanted to say that, whatever people say here, at the funeral, I'm always gonna remember Spencer as the way we knew her. Smart, loyal, kind and determined. Okay?" Aria explains. You all share looks and then a smile.

"I am too." you state. Everyone agrees.

•••

You arrive at the funeral home and immediately see Spencer lying in the casket. The casket that was bought far too early for a girl who died far too soon. Your hand flies up to your mouth as you view her cold, lifeless body. Her face is so pale. Her hair is straightened and she has the necklace on Toby got her just about a month before she was murdered.

"Oh my god." Hanna says breathlessly. You grab Hanna's hand in attempts to calm her. Hanna, Emily and Aria holds hand while you latch onto Jason's; the only person who keeping you sane.

"It's okay." he whispers in your ear. "It's fine." You nod and walk up to your bestfriends body. Not her, but her body. A tear cascades down your cheek and you find yourself biting down on your lips in attempts to stop from sobbing. You squeeze your eyes shut and then open them. You put your hand on Spencer's and you're shocked by how cold she is.

"I love you." you whisper. Eventually everyone sees her and you sit down next to Jason and the girls.

"Okay, so now one of Spencer's bestfriends; Y/N Y/L/N is going to speak." Nervously you look at Jason and he gives your hand one last squeeze before you stand up and walk over to the podium.