Long Time, No See

Y/S/N- your sons name
Y/D/N- your daughters name
Y/J- your job
Y/S- your sport
W/Y/L- where you live

Jason- "Mom, mom!" your 5 year old yells from her room.

"What?" you call back, completely tired.

"Y/S/N took my book!" she screams. She was such a wild child. Always running around, yelling, reading, getting her hands on anything she could find. She was just like you. From her eyes, to her hair, to the way she pronounces Caramel, she's exactly like you. Her father was a guy you met when you were in the process of finding yourself. You still are finding yourself though.

Your son on the other hand, is just like his father. His father was Jason DiLaurentis. Basically, the love of your life. Jason was doing amazing, he was sober, getting offered a prestigious job, you couldn't slow him down. He wanted to be apart of the kids life but you knew how everything would end up. He'd fall back into drinking and it wouldn't be good for anyone. Your moved far away from Rosewood to W/Y/L. For the first two years or so of your sons life, you would send Jason pictures and letters of Y/S/N. Then it just kind of stopped. Your schedule was hectic, so was Jasons.

"Y/S/N, give it back to her!" you called up. For the most part, they loved each other. She looked out for him and he looked out for her.

"Guys come on! You two were the ones who wanted to go out for breakfast!" You hear the patter of their small feet on the hardwood floors of your house. They arrive with rustled hair and messy clothing. You usher them to the car and drive to the local cafe you three always go to. They bicker in the backseat about kid things. What new show is on tonight. What they want for Christmas. Who the new kid is in their class.

"Okay we're here." you state. You hear the clicking of them unbuckling their seat belts and you hold each of their hands as you all find a seat in a booth.

"What do you guys want?" you question. They give you their orders and while they're sitting you go and stand in line. That's when you accidentally bump into someone behind you.

"Oh I'm sorry-" This can't be right. That can't be,

"Jason?" you ask breathlessly. He looks at you in complete and utter shock, even blinking a few times to make sure his vision didn't deceive him.

"Y/N." he says. People shove past you and bump into you. You probably look crazed. Frozen and wide eyed. He grabs your hand and leads you out of line. By now you're shaking, not out of fear, but out of shock.

"W-What are you doing here?" You whisper while looking behind him to check on your kids.

"I-" he starts while looking behind him then to you. "-moved out here after my business expanded. The main office is here. Y/N are you here with someone?" he asks while looking back again. You nod but begin to speak.

"You moved out here?" you ask. He nods with a slight smile. After awhile of just staring at him, you soak once again. "I'm here with the kids." you whisper. Jason inhales sharply and nervously fumbles with his tie.

"Do you wanna see them?" you question with a smile.

"Really?" he whispers.

"Of course." you state. You grab his hand and lead him to the booth where your two kids sit giddily.

"Mom! Where's our food?" Y/D/N asks.

"Yeah where is it?" your son chimes in. They were both so hyper. They're eyes travel from your hands to the strange man standing next to you.

"I want you guys to meet someone. This is Jason. Y/S/N, this is your dad." Your daughter knows she has a different dad than your son. She understands it. She's so smart. You can tell her really intricate, complicated things and she can still comprehend it. It's amazing actually. The boys eyes widen as he slowly stands up. Jason looks to me and I give him a reassuring smile. Your son just hugs him. Jasons eyes fill with tears and you can sense the sincerity of the hug.