Chapter 97

Louis POV

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed. I frowned and got up not hearing Harry in the bathroom so I walked to Cami's room. I smiled when I saw Harry asleep on Cami's bed with Cami on his chest asleep. I took a quick picture before going back to our room and putting on a shirt since I was only in shorts. It was Saturday so everyone was still asleep considering it was early. I walked downstairs and got out stuff to make pancakes.

While making the food I started thinking about Kenzie. Everything happened so fast I didn't notice her mother. Cami had said something about the man beating her mother too. I didn't have time to think anymore before my phone went off. "Hello?" "Is this Louis Tomlinson?" "Yeah how can I help you?" "My name is Brooke I'm Kenzie's mother. I heard that the school called you about Kenzie. They won't tell me anything. I know in a terrible person but I got uh-" " Brooke your not a terrible person I'm um aware of your situation. Kenzie told my daughter about what's going on at home. " I said not sure how to tell her about Kenzie. "Do you know where Kenzie is? Everything is finally over. I came home last night and everything was trashed and gone. I looked everywhere for Kenzie. I got a call from the police saying they took Nick to jail for abuse and they needed to question me they finally told me Cami was taken to the hospital but that's all they would tell me. " she cried. I felt tears prick my eyes. "Brooke I think we should meet personally. Can you meet me at NANDOS at 10am?" I asked. She agreed before hanging up.

"Morning babe" a husky voice whispered at their arms wrapped around me. "Jesus Haz you scared me!" I said. "Sorry. Why u up so early?" "I don't know. I got a call from Kenzie's mom tho. She doesn't know so I told her to meet me at 10 at NANDOS. Do you wanna join?" I asked. "Yeah. I'm sure one of the boys would watch Cami for a little bit. I don't think Cami wants to relive everything. " Harry said. "She still asleep?" I asked finishing the food. "Yeah I don't wanna wake her because she's going to be upset and I hate seeing her that way." He said sadly. I stopped what I was doing and wrapped my arms around him. "Hey Haz it's going to be okay! I promise! She's going through a hard time and we all wish we could make it go away. It seems like for Cami it's one after another but she's strong and so are you!" I said kissing his lips. He kissed back then smiled. "Where would I be without you?" I just laughed "I love you!" "I love you too. Forever and always!" "Forever and always"

"Hey Liam can I talk to you?" I asked as e walked into the kitchen after everyone was done eating. Minus Cami who we were gonna wake up soon. "What's up" he asked. "So Kenzie's mom called and has no clue about what happened to her so uh I told we would meet and talk about it. Would you watch Cami?" I asked. He smiled. "Course! Haven't any time with my camibear! If she's up for it I think I'll take her to the movies!" He said. I smiled. "Thanks Li!" I said. "It's no problem." He assured.

Harry's POV

  After I got dressed and ready I walked into Cami's room to see her facing the wall. At first I thought she was still asleep until I heard little sniffles. I walked over to her and kneeled by her bed. "Shhh love it's okay." I said gently rubbing her back. She rolled over facing me and I saw her puffy eyes and tear stained face. "Oh baby." I said sadly. She just cried more. I picked her up held her to my chest rocking her back and forth. "Look at the stars look how they shine for you an everything you do..." I sang quietly. She slowly stopped sobbing and was now hicupping. "Wanna get dressed?" I asked. She just nodded. I pulled out some black leggings and a Demi Lovato jumper and some converse for her to wear. Once she was dressed we walked to the bathroom an she brushed her teeth while I brushed her long hair and put it in a messy bun. Once she was all finished she started to walk out but I called her back. "Cami" she stopped and I walked toward her kneeing down so I could look her in the eyes but she just looked down. I lifted her chin. "I know it's hard right now but baby I promise you it gets better! Papa and I and everyone else we are all here for you! Please don't blame yourself babe there was nothing we could've done!" I said gently. She wiped the tears and looked at me. "I promised daddy...I promised I'd help her! She was my best friend!" She cried.  I felt a tarts slide down my cheek. She's blaming herself because of a promise. "Cami, hey, look at me. This is not your fault! You promised you would help her and guess what you did. She's in a better place! She safe. No one can hurt her anymore. She's with aunt gems and your momma! She's watching over you right now and she'll always be in your heart!" I said. Cami nodded. I pulled into a hug and felt as she wrapped her tiny arms around half my back. "Hey love smile...please!" I said. She smiled a true smile. "There's my girl!" I smiled back. "Now let's get some food in your tummy!" I said tickling her causing her to squeal and laugh. "Tickle monsters gonna get you!" I said in a playful voice. She squealed and ran out the door laughing. I ran after her until I found her hiding behind Niall. "Uncle Ni saves me from monster!" She laughed. Niall looked confused until he saw me. He jumped Infront of her and posed like superman. I laughed as he then turned around an tickled Cami. She laughed as he continued tickling her until she was pleading him to stop. I watched as the other boys smiled. Cami's hanging in there!