Chapter 68

Harry's POV

I opened my eyes to see I was in an unfamiliar room but then all the memories from last night came flooding back. Louis the accident the fight all of it. I instantly had to wipe the tears away. Ugh it's all my fault if only I would've listened or stopped him. I looked down to see I was still holding his lifeless hand. I took one look at his face. He was pale and lifeless. He had tubes hooked all over and tube coming from his mouth giving him the air to survive. "Hey Harry" I turned to see Zayn standing by the door. "Hey. When did u wake up?" I asked. "An hour ago. The doctor already explained everything. " I just nodded not really in the mood for talking. "Harry this isn't your fault! You need to understand this!" He said. I didn't respond I just kept looking at Louis and I's intertwined hands.

"You uh you should call Jay" Zayn spoke up. I looked over to him and nodded standing up to walk out to the hall. I saw that it was 11am and the boys would be here soon. I pulled out my phone and scrolled to her contact.
( Jay Harry )
Hello
"Hey uh Jay it's Harry"
Hey Harry how are ya. Is something wrong.
I took a deep breath and choked back the tears. "Jay I'm so sorry it's all my fault Louis and I had a fight and he walked out and and he was hit by a drunk driver. He's at (insert name) hopsital. He's in a coma. Jay I'm so sorry. It's all my fault if I-"
Harry hey this is not your fault okay. It's the drunk drivers fault. Look were on our way. We'll be there as soon as we can! Both twins are gonna stay with my mom so it'll be and fizzy. Harry please never blame yourself!
"Thanks jay. Bye
Bye

The line went dead but I still didn't believe anyone. "DADDY!" I turned to see Cami running straight towards me. I bent down to her level. "Hey baby girl. " I said trying my best to smile. I needed to be strong for her. "Why are we here? Where's papa?" She asked. Shit. The boys didn't tell her. I looked up and Liam. "Can we have a minute alone in there" I said pointing towards the door. "Yea. I'll get Zayn" I nodded. When Zayn came out I picked up a confused Cami and walked into the room. I heard her gasp. "PAPA!" She cried and ran towards him. It broke my heart and I couldn't hold back the tears. "Cami hey it's okay." I said hugging her while she stared at Louis. "Is papa dead?" She asked. "No no. He's uh remember when you were sick and you were in a coma?" I asked. She nodded. "Well papa got in a car accident and he's in a coma" I said. She didn't react in any way. She just stared at Louis. I let go of her so she could go hold his hand. She grabbed his hand so gently and looked up at him crying. I let her have her minutes while I sat behind and cried. Dear god please make Louis okay. I now see that it's not me I'm worried about. Cami can't grow up with out her other father! Please I silently prayed. I sighed and put my face in my hands. When I looked up again. I saw Cami curled up next to Louis on the bed and she was asleep. How long have I been in here? I looked over at the clock and noticed an hour had gone by.

"You can go in now. Sorry I guess I fell asleep." I told the boys. They nodded Brodie patting back and walking in. I followed behind. I saw there aces drop when thy saw Cami. "It was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever seen." I sighed. They knew I was talking about Cami's reaction. Before anyone could speak Louis monitor started going crazy. I jumped and ran to him. I was soon pushed away by doctors. "NO!LET ME STAY! I NEED HIM! PLEASE!" I cried out. I felt Liam and Zayn pull me out of the room while Niall comforted a screaming Cami. I fell to my knees and cried. Why. Why does all this have to happen. We were finally happy. No cancer no sickness. "Harry. You need to eat" Niall said after a few minutes. "I don't want to" I said. "Harry you need to eat! And at least do something for your daughter!" He said more loudly and instantly regretted it. "Har-" he tried. "No save it!" I snapped. "Look Niall I'm really sorry! I just it's so stressful" I said breaking down. "Hey Haz it's okay! I'm not mad" he said hugging me. "Thanks" I said. "Now we need to get some food in to you guys" he said. I nodded and looked to see Cami standing by Zayn and Liam. She was in a daze and looked completely broken. Suddenly she looked at me and u saw tears start to pour. "Hey come here baby" I said opening my arms. She instantly ran to the them and I picked her up while she cried Into my chest. I realized. It's not just me. Cami is hurting as well as the bps and I need to suck it up. "Shhh babe! Relax. Papa is going to be okay!" I soothed her. I motioned for the boys to walk with me to the cafeteria. Cami had calmed down but she wouldn't talk or look up from my neck.

"Harry?" I heard a familiar voice call. I looked over too see Fizzy. She ran to me and hugged me. I side hugged her since I had Cami. "Hey how are ya holding up" I asked. "I'm worried. So is my mom" she said as jay walked up. I gave her a hug as well. "So something happened with Louis heart rate and they pushed us out of the room and haven't updated us." I said getting to the point. "Everything will be okay. I know my baby is strong!" Jay said. I smiled at her. "Is Cami asleep?" Fizzy asked. "No she's just upset. When she saw Louis it was absolutely heart breaking. And she was laying with him when everything happened." I said. They nodded simatically.

We all are and then walked back to the ICU floor where Louis was. I noticed a doctor outside his room and he walked over to talk to us. "So Louis is stable. But I have some bad news. He's becoming weaker and he won't be strong enough for life support much longer. I'm sorry but if he doesn't wake up within a few days we will have to stop life support." He said. Cami be strong for Cami! And your family come on! I said silently. I felt a few tears but wiped them away. I noticed everyone kind of just stayed there. "So we can't all fit in there. You guys can go first" I said pointing to Jay and the boys. They nodded and all went in while I stayed out in the hall with Cami. She had fallen asleep a little bit ago. I felt someone sit next to me on the bench. "Hey" I heard fizzy say. "Hey.  Why aren't you in there?" I asked. "I know your not okay...Harry your like another brother to me. We are family! Look I know it's hard. But Louis promised me that he would never leave you! And louis doesn't break promises. He will fight for you...for Cami...for all of us!" She said. I felt a tear fall. "Thanks fizzy! How's your mom?" I asked. "She's surprisingly better than I thought. She's crying but not like I thought. " she said. "How are you?" I asked. "It's hard seeing him like that but I know he's strong." She said. "Your right about that!" I said.

We all piled up in the cars. The doctors won't let anyone stay over night so everyone including Jay and Fiz are going to stay at the 1D house. We have enough room anyways. It was 10pm and everyone was tired. Jay and Fiz shared a room with take beds while everyone else just went to there rooms. I was the last one to walk upstairs and everyone was already in bed. I carried Cami up the stairs and to her room. I thought she was asleep but when I went to put her down I heard. "Please don't leave me!" I looked down to see her crying again. "Do you want to sleep in my room?" She nodded. "Okay. Let's get your pjs on first. " i helped her change into some pants and a t shirt before I carried her back to Louis and i's room. I layed her down "I'm going to put my pjs on real quick" I whispered. I changed into a pair of shorts and got into bed. I didn't bother putting on a shirt. Cami scooted closer to me. "Goodnight Cami. I love you!" I said. "Goodnight daddy. I love you too" she said. I closed my eyes and I swear I heard her whisper. "Goodnight papa I love you" It broke my heart making her go through this.