Chapter 44 I believe that I will see the blue sky again

The touch in his hand was that of his body, which was gradually getting colder. Blood flowed down the hand holding the handle of the knife.

Ruan Qiu looked blankly at his hand holding the handle of the knife, and then at Gu Mang who had his eyes closed tightly. Suddenly, as if he had been burned, his hand trembled and he unconsciously let go.

Without external support, Gu Mang slipped softly. Ruan Qiu reacted suddenly and hugged the body tightly, which was cooling down rapidly.

Then slowly, maintaining this ridiculous posture, they collapsed together on the ground.

An abnormality was discovered at the base. In front of everyone's eyes, Gu Mang was stabbed into the heart by Ruan Qiu with a knife. The civilian soldiers there were furious and roared loudly. Naturally, the corpses did not dare to show weakness and roared loudly. As they stood, the two faced each other, and the old and cracked earth was trembling.

Ruan Qiu couldn't hear anything, his ears were buzzing, and his eyes were only blindingly red.

His lips were trembling, and then his whole body began to tremble, including his heart and throat, leaving him speechless.

"...Gu..."

This word was finally squeezed out from the dry throat and filled with countless resistances, and thus opened thousands of switches. His emotions swallowed him up like a flood. He hurriedly groped to hold the bell tightly in his hand. , hugging Gu Mang with trembling hands.

The sound of things breaking just now was just the sound of Ruan Qiu crushing the pebbles under his feet. How could he, how could he really destroy the things Gu Mang gave him.

"...Gu Mang."

Ruan Qiu wiped the dirt off the bell very gently, then lifted Gu Mang's chin with one hand and brushed away Gu Mang's thin bangs with the other. His pale face hurt Ruan Qiu's heart.

He looked at his face and started calling his name over and over: "Gu Mang, Gu Mang?"

"Gu Mang..."

Ruan Qiu wiped away the blood on Gu Mang's body persistently. The blood seemed to be against him and flowed more and more.

"Open your eyes...Gu Mang..."

"Gu Mang!!"

The sound was like a broken sword blade. He did not look at the knife that pierced Gu Mang's heart. His dark eyes were stained with a sinister and terrifying blood red. His strong hand restrained Gu Mang in his arm, "Gu Mang mango!"

"Do you think you can die? You don't want to wake up? Do you think I can't do anything to you once you're dead?"

He laughed sickly and shrilly, the sound was harsh, and the nails of his left hand that clenched the bell dug into the flesh of his palm, and the flesh and blood bleeded down his wrist like a towel soaked in blood.

"I know you can't die, you can bring those plants back to life...Stop pretending, open your eyes!"

"Did you hear that?! Otherwise your base, your ridiculous people, and those plants will all be killed by me."

He threatened with red eyes: "If you don't open your eyes, I will take you to the roof of the base and let you listen to the people you love and want to protect the most wailing for three days and three nights!"

But despite him yelling like a madman, the person in his arms didn't react at all.

He can bring plants back to life and heal wounds, but humans are not plants after all, not to mention that Gu Mang's supernatural energy has been nearly exhausted after sowing seeds in the past few days.