Chapter 42 Reunion

Ruan Qiu walked with Gu Mang, holding Gu Mang tightly with one hand and holding an apple in the other hand to bite.

In the apocalypse, fruits and vegetables are more precious than meat. It is no exaggeration to say that the most ordinary or even slightly shriveled apple is now worth no less than a shark fin truffle in the normal world.

They walked through a secret passage in the laboratory and came to the dense forest in the backyard of the base. They walked deeper and deeper. Ruan Qiu gnawed at the apple until he could see the core. However, Gu Mang didn't stop yet. He blinked and asked. : "Where are we going to play?"

It's not too late yet. There are chirping birds in the woods. The birds drink water, dew, and eat leaves. They are rare species in the apocalypse that have not turned into zombies. They can't help but relax even after listening to the birds' chirping.

Gu Mang stopped and said, "I think the scenery in the woods is pretty good."

Ruan Qiu didn't know why, so he finished the last bite of the apple. These days, he also had the sense of frugality developed in the base. He squatted on the ground and dug a small hole, buried the apple core in it, spread it with his hands, pressed it firmly, and murmured Said: "I hope there will be many more apples in the future."

He thought it was quite delicious!

"Do you still want to eat apples?"

Gu Mang asked.

Ruan Qiu nodded sheepishly, "I, I think it's delicious."

"Okay." Gu Mang rubbed Ruan Qiu's hair. He liked Ruan Qiu's hair the most. It was soft and spongy. It felt like touching black satin. His hands were soaked in the stream and came out clean. , when he touched his hair, he could feel the emotions in his heart flowing like a stream.

He smiled and said, "Wait here for a while, and I'll pick another apple for you."

Ruan Qiu immediately said: "I'll go with you."

Gu Mang shook his head: "You just buried the core here. If you leave, the birds might come and peck at it. You protect the core and I'll pick the apples."

Ruan Qiu looked hesitant, as if hesitating, wanting to say something. He raised his head and caught a glimpse of Gu Mang's serious look, and said calmly: "Then... okay."

He looked at Gu Mang's turning back, and an ominous premonition arose in his heart, and he added hastily: "Come back quickly!"

Gu Mang stood in the light and shadow of the woods and looked back at him. His hair was rolled up by the breeze, and there was something in his eyes that Ruan Qiu couldn't understand.

"Remember..."

Gu Mang said, "Remember to take the bell as well, don't lose it."

Ruan Qiu was stunned, covering the bell with both hands and proudly standing up: "Of course!"

Fool.

Gu Mang murmured in his heart and turned around.

He knew that Ruan Qiu must be looking at his back eagerly now, hoping that he would turn around and say goodbye to him. He was always like this, sticking to his side like a gummy candy.

So stupid.

Gu Mang's eyes became blurred, and inexplicable moisture spread from the corners of his eyes. He did not look back, and walked farther and farther with the sound of falling leaves in the forest.

How could something as rare as an apple still grow in the wild woods? How could a bird dig the ground to eat the core?

No one would believe this common sense to children in the apocalypse, only Ruan Qiu, only Ruan Qiu.