Chapter 40 zombie king

The two guards looked at Gu Mang's muddy clothes, hesitated for a while, and finally called for a taxi.

The tall one called the leader of the guards and told them what was going on. There was a fierce yelling and swearing on the phone, which made the tall guard's ears hurt. He lowered his eyebrows and kept saying "yes" and turned around. The flattering expression on Shi's face is brighter than a chrysanthemum.

The car arrived after a while, and the two of them entered the base first. As the largest base in China, the buildings inside are safe, tall and strong, and look expensive to build. Residential areas, relief areas, training areas, etc. are all divided into three-acre areas. .

It's just that most of the people inside looked numb and walked unsteadily. This was the third year of the apocalypse. Most people were separated from their wives. Those who didn't have superpowers were just living. And because they didn't have superpowers, most people were sallow and thin, lining up in a queue. Receiving relief soup and steamed buns in silence.

Sometimes we are not afraid of people being lively or even noisy. What we are most afraid of is that the people will not even have a voice. The transformation of a great country from national peace and prosperity to what it is today is unavoidable and makes people sigh.

There was a little girl in the queue. She had dirty braids that hadn't been washed for who knows how many days. She was wearing a floral skirt but she was clean. She was holding something in her arms carefully. She looked a little out of place among a group of adults. After another five or six people lined up for her to receive the food, a burly man from behind walked up and pushed the little girl aside.

"Get away!"

The big man said, taking the little girl's position.

The base does not allow jumping in line, so some people take advantage of the loopholes and bully the weak to occupy the position of the weak. The guards on the side who are in charge of discipline are obviously used to this scene. They only set their eyes on the top of their heads and don't even look here.

Ruan Qiu looked at this scene curiously, and Gu Mang frowned.

The little girl fell to the ground, her floral skirt slipping out of her scarred calf. This was obviously not the first time she had been treated like this. The little girl got up in pain, holding back the tears in her eyes and patted the dirt on her skirt. , prepare to go to the last row of the queue.

Unexpectedly, the bulging bag she was holding fell to the ground. The flimsy package fell apart, and the food inside was scattered all over the floor, including big white steamed buns.

The big man's eyes suddenly straightened, "You little hooves, why are you coming here to get it after you've already received it once? I don't have enough to eat every day because I rely on a bitch like you!"

The little girl panicked and wanted to put away the buns: "No, no, I, my mother came down from the battlefield a while ago and her leg was broken, so she couldn't come to get the food. I got the food for her!"

The big man was just taking an opportunity to grab food. Why did he care so much? He raised his hand and was about to hit. The little girl closed her eyes in fear, but the expected pain did not come. When she opened her eyes, she saw a figure with long horns and a long tail. The little clay figurine stood in front of her.

The big man kicked the iron plate and his hand was clenched so hard that it almost broke his bones. He screamed repeatedly: "Ah, my hand!"

"Let him go." Gu Mang said, and walked forward, helped the little girl up, and patted the dust on her skirt.