Scenario: A Star's Crush

When Mettaton got his first ever crush.

Mettaton was quite knowledgeable when it comes to love, its different stages, how it can begin and how it can end. Both good and bad. Being a star in films and plays, he was often casted, himself, as the lead love interest or main character who had a lover. It was just part of the course as being a star such as himself, to at least have one romantic involvement or interest in some or most of his productions. He did enjoy them quite a lot, after all. They always felt so special or nice. To be loved in such an intimate way. Of course, it was for the film or stage, not meant to be real. But didn't change the fact many had a huge celebrity crush on him. They adored his name, his appearance, his work and products. He was believed and often was told how much his fans had such large crushes on him. It always felt good knowing that. One thing was evident, however, and that was he never had feelings for anyone himself. For Mettaton, no one really appealed to him in such a way or seemed like his type. Sure, he had plenty of fans who were more than happy to ask his hand for a date or even marriage. But no one he really felt a spark towards or felt a particular attraction to. It was a bit sad, if he was to admit it (which he did) that he had to turn down his fans, but he couldn't pretend he was in love when he really wasn't now could he? That would be worse than simply turning them down.

Despite this however, he felt confident that if he ever came across someone he would be more than able to hold it together, and swoon anyway off their feet. That was what he believed, until he happened to meet the special someone that was you. By chance you met, either at his show, his fan meet up, or by chance after meeting Frisk or another one of his family or friends of his. He didn't show it, but he found himself drawn to you. It was subtle, he taking the time and using his charm to get friendly with you whilst taking things slow. He wouldn't realize it first, but he was now starting to have his soul beat faster than it ever had before. Never Since he first saw the stage he would perform on, and did that same night, did he ever feel this way in regards to anyone. Yet here he was, listening to you speak as you talked with your friends or family wherever you first met.

If you were shy, introverted, and not one for the spotlight that often came with him, then Mettaton would start slow and take time. Switching from his less popular and glamorous ex form, he'd switch to his box form and approach you first. He spoke softly and kind, his voice helping as he was sure it wouldn't get you flustered. If you didn't mind being the center of attention, or at least sharing it with Mettaton to a degree, then he would approach you as normal. Your conversation would either be brief with him leading, or lengthy and long lasting. Either way, he would be eager to see you again the next chance he got. After a while, you two met regularly often at either his place or resort, or yours. If you had a shared interest, it helped make things easier. If not, then he would show interest and ask about it and just why you liked it. A game of back and forth, of asking and answering questions, sharing a joke and laugh, until you were effectively friends. This only strengthened the feelings Mettaotn had deep down. He never had these before, and so turned to Alphys for help. She, as much as he was embarrassed to admit it, knew better about having a crush and how to handle it. Her, plus some advice from Frisk, would culminate in an encounter while Frisk played you. Alphys remained on standby, giving advice through an earpiece, whilst Mettaton tried asking you (Frisk) out.

It was awkward, and for the first time, Mettaton found himself unable to speak. He could perform in front of a huge audience of hundreds of monsters, but not ask a few simple questions to his crush. Eventually, some practice later, and a degree of denial, Mettaton now knew two things; he for sure had a crush as if Alphys' proclamation was anything to go by, and that he had no idea if he could ask you out. What if you refused!? What then? Alphys would be forced to help him, with Napstablook, and have a conversation before encouraging him to try at least. Thus, Mettaton did what he normally did best; perform. Music played one evening as Mettaton sat outside your home, playing as he sang a soft love tune to you. Cheesy, but he knew it best and was most comfortable with it. If that wasn't an option, then he would go for the more subtle (and thus least subtle) method. Letters! Mettaton would sneak them to you. To your work, home, or elsewhere. He would send them in special pink envelopes, personally addressed to you. He hoped it would clue you in that you had a secret admirer. Unfortunately, his writing was too obvious and the pink and sparkle covered mail did little to hide who it was. He was, of course, quite embarrassed over that fact and would feel as such if you ever brought it up. If not this, then the tried and true tested method of simply asking you out he would go for. And by gosh, if he was feeling the tension before, it was now unbearable. He started out so proud and ready to ask. But once he was in front of you, he became a flustered mess and stumbled over his words. Sparing him though, you said yes which surprised him. Then you told him how you found out much sooner than he would have liked, noting how often he'd want to spend time with you, complimented you and was there. This left him feeling embarrassed that he had been discovered, but relieved that you at least know. And then happy, once you said you would go out with him, and he felt the joy take over.