The Avengers Story 2

Mettaton Ex X Ironman Reader

Standing alone on the rooftop Agent Metta stood on one knee at the edge as he squinted down at the scene currently unfolding. A band of crooks was at work, a van hidden in an alleyway where several armed men wearing hoods and masks, with two standing beside the van. The other four that appeared had snuck inside through the rear entrance of the building. Giving a firm nod to himself, Metta stood to his full height before hopping off the edge. First landing on a fire escape, then a Balcony, one from the next until his boots slammed down on the top of a dumpster before landing gracefully again on the ground beside it. The two armed goons watching over the van turned instantly towards Metta and took aim. "Hey! It's one of those Avengers! Blast me!" With those shouts, bullets went flying towards the Agent of Shield only for Metta to instantly duck and charge towards them. Getting close, Metta grabbed a nearby trash can lid and raised it as a shield which sent bullets flying safely away towards the brick walls that surrounded them. Next, as the goons tried to reload, Metta stopped and tossed the lid right for them as if throwing a frisbee which crashed into the two and knocked them down. Once they were out, metta ran over towards them and was quick to disarm the two before rushing inside.

Once in, he was quick to locate the rest of the four armed men inside and climbed up a series of stairs until reaching the second floor where he located a vent before climbing in. Once inside he climbed along,, following the path which he followed by listening in on the sounds of the armed crooks talking. Eventually reaching said room, Metta stayed still and silent as he watched on from behind the gradient and watched as the four wandered on through the warehouse. As the men stopped before a tall crate, one reached for a crowbar and was quick to try busting it open. As Metta watched, he stared curiously at the large box which held a strange logo on one side. Then, a loud snap followed by a bump was heard as the lid of said crate fell away exposing the contents within. Metta's eyes widened at the sight within which seemed to be more weapons, one not of human construction but something else altogether. 'Those rumors were true...' Metta thought before he silently pushed the grand it forward, before gently lowering it down to the floor and laying it out before climbing out silently before he let go of the vent and landed on his feet.

Now standing under the vent, he glanced up towards it before quickly rushing off to hide behind some boxes and crates, where he poked his head out and continued to watch. Finally safe for the time being, Metta reached his hand for his earpiece and pushed a small button along the side. "(Name), where are you? I'm inside right now and I have a view of the four remaining criminals. They've opened up a crate and have odd gear inside, clearly alien to our world."

"I Gotcha! I'm already outside and Cap and the others have already dealt with the remaining crooks on the other side of town. I'll join you in a moment!" And with that, the line went off, and Metta peeked out once again and watched on from behind cover as the four men, now two having set their guns down, talked and drugged through the hay that buried the odd gear and equipment inside. One picked what looked like an alien pistol up before taking aim at a nearby wall. Silence until a loud bang and flash went across the whole roll followed by an explosion that instantly caused a nearby wall to implode outwards and pieces to go flying. Dust quickly enveloped the whole room as one of the men cursed while Metta was quick to move again, this time sneaking upon them.

"YOU IDIOT!!! Are you trying to get us caught!?!" The leader said, smacking the back of the head of the man who shot. The man groaned before glaring daggers at his leader/ "How could I have known it was on!? I had no clue!" "And you never will." A robotic voice spoke, causing all four men to freeze before nervously turning towards the large hole on the wall where a tall machine stood, a humanoid one with glowing blue colored eyes and a blue chest piece in the center. "IT'S THE IRONMAN!!! KILL IT!!!" Instantly all four took aim and let loose while you calmly stood and watched. The bullets bumped into your suit but always bounced away harmlessly or glancing off your body before getting themselves impaled into the concrete walls. Taking the steps forward, you sighed inside your suit and you watched yourself get closer and closer. "They never learn, do they, Jarvis?" "It seems not sir. Shall I?" "Hit it" And with that, instantly you watched the power of your suit redirected towards your hands and you brought both up and aimed towards the armed crooks. Firing an electrical charge, two men were brought down instantly in shock and were wiggling about on the floor. The other two continued to fire and took steps back, one of them running out of ammo and reached instantly for the new guns. Grabbing it and taking aim again, he smirked evilly at you and was about to shoot, when he was suddenly kicked hard in the face by one powerful boot kick. Then it was followed by one punch to the gut as he was disarmed by Metta who now had him pinned to the ground, knocked out cold. The last one instantly threw down his gun and surrounded him on the spot.

(Hours Later)

After taking them away, Steve Rogers and Thor went on ahead on a separate mission close by, still in City limits to explore another tip provided while you, Metta, and Bruce Banner retreated back to base so you could interrogate the men. After a while, you found yourself working on your suit again. As you covered your face once more with a pair of goggles, you grabbed the torch and watched the sparks fly as you secured some of the joints in place. As you finished your work, you placed the torch down as you heard someone walk in and you glanced towards them. Smiling now at who it was, you saw

"Hey, hun." You spoke as Mettaton approached you, soon reaching you and wrapped his arms around you from behind and laid his head on your back, while you instead focused on the suit again. Soon though, your attention went back to Metta after he placed the kiss softly on your cheek. You returned a smile to him as you finished and turned around as Metta took a step back to let you. Finally you two embraced one another and kissed before nuzzling together. After a while, you two went ahead back to your shared rooms in the base, where you two spent the rest of your free time before the others returned and informed them there would be no further missions for the time being, but to be on high alert in case that changed.